New Favorite Smallie Fly

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by buckeyebrewer, Oct 7, 2008.

1. buckeyebrewer

buckeyebrewer "I believe I can Fly"

I went out to the Olentangy last night to fish one of my favorite holes for Smallies. My buddy recommended trying McCabe's Crayfish. I am now hooked. In two hours I caught 7 smallies, 4 well over 10 inches, and about 20 rock bass. I love this fly.

[​IMG]

2. Like that fly. Nice and subtle, I'm not a big fan of crayfish flies with the oversized claws.

3. Nice fly...do you have a recipe?

Jeff....When you coming down?.....Steelies will be on the fishin' "menu". Give me a call.
    Mike

4. Thank you!...Even looks like I can tie it.
    Mike

5. Unfortunatley, I don't think we'll make it to Ohio until winter really hits. The in-laws travelled here a couple times recently,and Thanksgiving is going to be out East.

It's too bad, the Olentangy and Scioto sound like they're on fire. I miss my home away from home waters in Columbus. But we've been slaying the smallies and largemouth on top water in Chicago, so it hasn't been too bad.

6. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

nice fly! I just use a brown wooley bugger as a crayfish imitation for bass. they don't seem to mind much. even have lost the hackle off them and they still eat um up.