close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new favorite jig!!

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by peon, Jan 21, 2009.

1. peon

peon account delete

buckeye tom bought me a northland forage minnow jig last week and i really like it!! it has caught almost all of my fish this past weekend.. anyone else like these jigs??

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I just bought one Monday night, haven't used it yet. They look sweet!

3. What size are you using? I never really have luck with those spoons.

4. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I'm waiting on Mark to get me my super duper all purpose jig.

its like a tear drop jig all black with silver back to it... a bright green dot in the middle with 2 silver blades... They thing is LIGHTS OUT for pan fish.

5. peon

peon account delete

i have a spoon but havent used it.. i use the JIG model ! lol... im not sure the size of it.. it wasnt in a package.... probably the biggest jig i have and use.. and it catches gills, perch,bass,channel cats,crappie, rainbow trout and chain pickeral. just about anything in my lakes lol.. not sure if i like the spoons... with the treble hook it is probably to big for the panfish i catch... and uses more bait :)

6. I just got a kit of theirs the other day at Gander Mtn. A few spoons, jigheads and glow twistertails was 14.99. I plan on using the jigheads for Crappie in the spring and fall too.

7. When I'm on fish, especially Perch, the forage spoon or small Buckshot are my go to lures. It really increases the average size for me. Last year I was hammering perch on a couple occasions on ice flies...when I switched to the spoons, the size instantly went from 6-9" to 10-12". I got my all time best 15 3/4" Perch on one last season. just smooth jigging motion, add a twitch or two if you have a buckshot, or other rattlin bait.