close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New family record carp for my 10 year old

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by kenfitz, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Hello all,

My boys and I went to Alum for a third weekend in a row. We went to the park at Africa and Cheshire from about 8pm to 11:30 pm and had no luck (not even a bite). We were using chicken livers, cut bait, and crawfish. We then headed over to our new favorite spot at the hwy 36 parking lot (caught a 4lb channel there last week). My younger son (fishing with chicken liver on the bottom) noticed his pole being pulled into the water and grabbed it. I was going to let him do all the work but I soon realized it was a little more than he and his little zebco 202 could handle. I had to help him pull it in. The fight was on as it got closer to the shore. As we were pulling it up, it made a quick dash for freedom and snapped the line at the hook. I immediately jumped in the water and grabbed it. It measured 31 inches and I estimated its weight at around 8 to 10 lbs (I had to hold it for the picture). The best part was the fun he had. Both boys thanked me for taking them and that feels pretty good. We were out together until 3:30 in the morning and just had a good time. What a great Fathers day weekend!

Later!

Attached Files:

2. Great job! I wish we had those type of days more often. You'll have that to think of later. Sounds like a great memory was created.