New Cumberland

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Metzie, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Metzie

Metzie Artistic Expression

Fished hard from 3 till just after dark using jig/minnow combo. Nothing. Saw 4 other fisherman...no luck. Water is still cold and actually really clear. Maybe the rain will warm and stain it a bit. It was nice just to get out.

2. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

It won't......no let me reword that, it can't be long now!!!:B

3. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

gonna check the flood charts, and hit pike island in the morning,,,then maybe go up to cumberland sunday.. good fish'n.

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

i'd hate to have to come down there and give you guys a lesson on the finer points of spring sauger fishing :p

i'm shooting for the week of the 9th, ill be on spring break then.

maybe a little get together ?

5. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Let me know. It looks like we'll have some decent weather if the trend they're talking about continues until then. I'm more than ready, in fact, I'll probably be there this weekend!!:B

6. Metzie

So Austin, what are the finer points of spring fishing that you are going to school us on? Did you go to school for that?

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

sure did, 20 years worth. learned from the best too just ask Bill ;)

no but seriously the next few weeks should be a blast down there. lots of fish for the freezer

8. Metzie

Ahh. He said, you learned from the best!! I hear all about it and can't wait. Unfortuantly, I will be out of town from Sun-Fri. My luck, the weather will break and they will turn on. I hope to maybe get down there on Fri or Sat.