New Cumberland fishable..

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by snake69, Jan 13, 2009.

1. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Just checked both the flow rate (21) and the water height (16 or 18?) below the dam. Within the next 2 days or so, if we don't get more water or much, it should be fishable. That is if ya can stand the cold!!!

2. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

huge chunks of ice covering the river now

3. snake69

Really? Never seen that before!

4. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

i've seen it, usually on upriver side, or in the slower sections down here in steubenville...am thinking of hitting cumberland in the morning based on the amount of beer tonight. no later than 8:30 i figure...begood/good fish'n

5. snake69

I'll probably hit it later next week as it's still a bit cold and I'd rather be ice fishing. I was supposed to go yesterday, but after some important things that needed done, it was too late to head all the way there. Post and let me know how ya do!!

6. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

got up early enough, but didn't go..i'd a got a chill from the walk, breaking a sweat....be good/good fish'n

7. snake69

Plenty of days ahead....I don't figure they'll move out for a few months! If I make it down, I'll be sure and comment!

8. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

fished new cumberland this morning..skunked, but wasn't alone nobody else was catching anything..threw some jigs and spoons, was on the rocks up near the end of dam. 2, 3 and 6, locks were open. gonna try pike island tomorrow.

9. snake69

Well, I got called back to work today or I'd head down. The nice weather would make for a sweet day. I imagine in 2-3 days, it'll be so high you can't think of fishing it....:(

10. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

yea, judging from the weather report i'd say yea...my buddy fished pike island sunday morning..talked to a regular there...another regular caught six walleye, but fished from early a.m. till around 6 a.m...charlie caught 2 at around 6 a.m., then they shut down. no sauger, i wonder what is up. haven't heard of any kind of spills that might effect the bite, since the coppers plant in follansbee last summer and that was trivial...good your back to work....be good/good fish'n.

11. snake69

As soon as the water is down enough to fish, and there is still ice, albeit unsafe......(too unstable to ice fish!!),I'll be there on the weekends!