close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Cumberland Dam

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by bower112, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Fished the dam today with no luck. Talk to afew others,same no fish. This was my first trip to that area, Hope to hear more report to when the fishing starts to pick up. Please keep me informed so I could try again in March. Hey snake69 did you have any luck with live bait? I saw you on the way out.

2. Metzie

Metzie Artistic Expression

Hey Bower... Did you leave about 230 or 3? I was just getting there. Fished below the rocks and off the wingwall using minnows and jigs. No bites. 4 other guys and nothing.
    Flow is great but still cold and surprizingly clear.

3. i think the fishing there has gone down in the last several years, odd part is pike island is still producing if you know what you're doing, just a bit crowded somedays

4. Hey Metzie, No I was already gone by then.

5. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

That would've been me leaving around 2:30-3:00. Nope didn't help much. One 8-9" sauger was all. I think the flow rate was a little too fast for them to be in close. Usually when the flow rate is around 15, it's real good. With the spawn around the corner, that's where they must be.....up and around the corner!:p

6. snake69

Sorry people, just checked the flow rate for today, like 14 or so, so yesterday couldn't have been much higher, so obviously, that wasn't the problem. I guess we'll just have to wait them out. Will probably hit it again next weekend....suppose to be some warmer temps coming!

7. snake69

Was down there Sat with about 20 other people. Didn't see a whole lot caught. I managed one eye about 16.25" that was so fat as I was bringing it up, for a split second I thought it was a smallie with it's slight football profile but only for a second. My buddy who was on the rocks(I was up above) also got one eye, about 15.5". One other guy caught an undersize one and said he had caught a 27 incher on Friday. Well, they can only wait so long before they come up in there in droves!! This weekend maybe? Did see several boats out though. Might even take mine down next weekend!!