close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Cumberland 3/16

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Procraftboats21, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

Fished from 5-Dark on the W.V side had only 1 bite a 20 1/4'' walleye. Saw 2 guys in a jonboat, anyone from OGF? I'm going to try the Ohio Side tommorow evening.

2. Fished Ohio side last night only caught one skip jack it was slow make sure you watch the signs put up by the coast guard I was asked to move they are going to watch it real close this year was on ohio side from 5 till dark. saw you with binoculars. Ian 330 383 9934 cell always fishing going to conneaut on sat

3. The White Bass run has been terrible the last two springs. It was as if the Smallmouth Bass left the river last spring, the fall Walleye run was poor. The Sauger and the Catfish have been the only thing with any consistency down there. Can you still fish on the wall on the WV side? I've been fishing the WV side of the Ohio River for the better part of 4 years. I've never fished the Ohio side....how is it? Is it easy to acess? How would I go about fishing over there? Do you fish in the locks or what?!?!?

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I haven't seen anyone fish off the wall over there this year, did last year though. The Ohio side is real easy to access, its just right over the hill from where you park. You can fish by the locks but I've always had better luck up where the wall ends. I prefer the W.V side though. The Ohio side is usualy crowded, you rarely ever see anyone on the W.V side because of the mile + long walk. Plus the fishing is better on the W.V side. The walleyes always move in first. Give it another week or so the sauger will move in thats when it gets fun.