close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Chronarch 100B Reel

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Freeze, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Anyone used the new Chronarchs yet? I have 5 of the Chronarch 100A's, never bought the SF's. They have the price of the 100B's jacked up to 269.00 at BPS, some are going cheaper on ebay. Do you guys think the new ones are worth the extra money. I have never fished a baitcaster like the 100A's, seems like even with very light baits I can adjust for no back lashes.

thanks for any replies...

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Heck Freeze if your gonna spend that kind of $ you should at
    least look at the new Daiwas. :D

3. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Ok, I'm game. Which Diawas you talking about? I've never bought a Diawas reel, you had good luck with them?

4. smallieguy

GOOD LUCK? :D
    GOOD LUCK You say? :D :D
    Luck has nothing to do with it.
    For $199.95 you could be the proud owner of a TD-X103HSDF
    with a spool capacity of 170 yards of 12# line.
    6bb w/1roller and weights just 9.0 oz. and a gear ratio of 6.3-1.
    If you want light weight theres the new TD Fuego, 6.3oz.
    6bb and 1 roller: capacity of 100yds. 0f 16#
    There more expensive reels out there but none better.

go ahead shinano freaks start cryin' :D

5. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

I just bought a shimano and a daiwa. The shimano is better in my oppinion. Unless you get one of those TD-Feugos or TD-Sol then I dont know because I havent used them.

6. smallieguy

I repect everyones opinion as I shouldand thanks for the
    honest response.
    Just be sure to tell us that opinion next year or the year after
    that when that shimano has gone through 2 pawls and a bearing
    or 2 and the Daiwas going strong. :D

7. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

No offense intended here smallieguy. I agree the Daiwas will turn some heads this year.

8. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Smallieguy - when you come down to fish CC with Fletch and I this summer I will let you cast my Shimano Chronarchs a few times to see what you think. I've never had a Daiwa reel so I can't compare. Since you have had Daiwa it would be interesting to compare. Thanks....

9. smallieguy

Summer? Hech I was going to see if you guys wanted to go
    tomorrow.lol :D
    I was thinking more like mid-to late April.
    But I would try any Shimano once but will only buy a Daiwa. :D

10. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Yeah sounds good. Late April - all of May CC is good. If u use a crankbait you might hook some of those saugeyes you were talking about earlier, or a bass or muskie. Don't know about crappie seems like it has been going down hill as a crappie lake but that might be because I really haven't been fishing for them.. :)

11. smallieguy

Cool Freeze I'll be there.
    All friends here Mr. Bass, I just like stirring the pot. :D

12. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Thats kind of funny. When I first started fishing I had a couple Diawa reels. I thought they were horrible so I've never tried another one. Quantums have always served me well. With todays technology all the top manufacturers should be putting up quality equipment. It's hard to change once you get a bad taste in your mouth though...know what I mean.

13. smallieguy

I feel the same way about shimano :D

14. JBJ

JBJ

Those new Chronarchs have a nice look to them but side by side with last years model, I don't think they are as smooth. I'm actually pretty impressed with the new Pfluegers and Pinnacles. It's amazing how much they have improved over the last few years. I plan to try out a couple of the Pflueger Trions this year to compare with the Curado SFs I already use.

15. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

AWWW - see that's what I was afraid of - new model, priced higher and either the same performance or worse. I've seen this before. I've got a Curado, slower speed that I use for cranks. A guy down at BPS told me the reason they came out with new Chronarch and priced it higher was because the Curado's performance was pushing the Chronarchs but priced lower so I guess you could say they had an overlap.

thanks guys..