close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Cattin reel

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by flathunter, Apr 6, 2004.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Guys I just purchased one of these reels, and I can say it compares with the abu 7000.But for only 59 bucks..I have it matched with a new quantum bigcat heavy action rod..It cast very good and holds 300yds of 30-lb test mono.It is the Quantum Blue runner

Attached Files:

2. That's a nice looking reel!
    I like Quantum products, have never failed me. I've used their open bails for years. let us now how that baby handles a HOG!!
    Later,
    Sickdog

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

[​IMG]
    Have you seen some of the new Quantum saltwater series ? They sure look nice :p Tiga also makes a reel that looks like a Calcutta for alot less $$. I'm pretty well set up for now. Don't really need any new tackle, but I do want to outfit the boat more. I'm going to cut some hatches into the front platform to sink a battery & also make an anchor & rope storage box.

4. Very nice reel. Can I ask where you got it? Some how I haven't seen that model yet. I saw the salt water series, but they're a bit more than I wanted to spend since the Big Irons have worked well for me. The Blue Runner looks a lot like the Penn 209. How's the clicker?

5. flathunter

The clicker on the Blue runner is very loud.I got mine at a local tackle store..Cabelas has them in the salwater section.

6. Thanks Jack. Does anybody know if Quantum discontinued the Big Iron series? I can't seem to find mention of them anywhere. If so, I may give one of those a shot.

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I'm thinking the big iron has become the new series I posted above. Cabelas has them. If I recall, I think they have the same features, with a new color & handle :eek:

8. I think your right, they seem very similar. I should have stocked up last year when BPS had them for $50. :rolleyes:

9. dip

dip dip

HOW MANY REELS YOU NEED? :confused:

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Let us know how it holds up to a few good fish. Might be the option I'm looking for :)

11. flathunter

I got to keep trying till I catch you dip :D ..The new bigcat I got is nicer than the old ones, it has super heavy duty ceramic eyes, and different wraps

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

$59. man, that may be a steal.