Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mellons mentor
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I just purchased one of these reels, and I can say it compares with the abu 7000.But for only 59 bucks..I have it matched with a new quantum bigcat heavy action rod..It cast very good and holds 300yds of 30-lb test mono.It is the Quantum Blue runner

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's a nice looking reel!
I like Quantum products, have never failed me. I've used their open bails for years. let us now how that baby handles a HOG!!
Later,
Sickdog

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,646 Posts

Have you seen some of the new Quantum saltwater series ? They sure look nice :p Tiga also makes a reel that looks like a Calcutta for alot less $$. I'm pretty well set up for now. Don't really need any new tackle, but I do want to outfit the boat more. I'm going to cut some hatches into the front platform to sink a battery & also make an anchor & rope storage box.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Very nice reel. Can I ask where you got it? Some how I haven't seen that model yet. I saw the salt water series, but they're a bit more than I wanted to spend since the Big Irons have worked well for me. The Blue Runner looks a lot like the Penn 209. How's the clicker?

·
Mellons mentor
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clicker on the Blue runner is very loud.I got mine at a local tackle store..Cabelas has them in the salwater section.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Thanks Jack. Does anybody know if Quantum discontinued the Big Iron series? I can't seem to find mention of them anywhere. If so, I may give one of those a shot.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I think your right, they seem very similar. I should have stocked up last year when BPS had them for $50. :rolleyes:

·
Mellons mentor
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got to keep trying till I catch you dip :D ..The new bigcat I got is nicer than the old ones, it has super heavy duty ceramic eyes, and different wraps

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
$59. man, that may be a steal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts