Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 17ft mfg caprice with a 115hp evinrude.the guy was using 2 6 gallon gas tanks to run.it has a built in gas tank in the floor.he never messed with it.said the one fuel line had dirt in it.I didn't see any.but here's the question.how many gallon is the tank.and also where the lines go into the screw down cap there should be a fuel line going from the lid to the bottom of the tank.should I put a screen on the end when I put the hose down in there.no way to get the tank out unless tearing the whole floor up.carpet with fiberglassed floor then plywood.id rather be able to use the built intank.its plastic.can't really see down into the tank.did have old gas in it.wich I pumped out.almost have to have a hell of a pump to pump it 7ft from the tank to the engine.thinkin of puttin a fuel water seperator between tank and engine.any ideas?
Sent from my LGL55C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Do you know the dimensions of the tank, it could be calculated from there. The bigger MFG's (19-21') had mostly 35 gallon tanks if I remember right, but the 17' I'm not sure. I would expect somewhere in the 20-25 gallon range, but that's just a guess.
An inline fuel filter or filter/seperator is a very good idea, especially since it sat so long.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have no idea of demesions.can't see tank. Thanks.I was thinkin 20 gallon.

Sent from my LGL55C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts