close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New bait/tackle store?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Jul 30, 2007.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

There's a pretty nice looking shop opening up on Manchester Road in the Save-A-Lot plaza. From what I could see, they're in the process of setting up and had a good sized selection of plastics. Anyone know the name/owner of this shop?

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

That's a buddy of a friend of mine opening up the shop. I was told that the owner will have something for everyone's style of fishing, including a decent selection of Lake Erie tackle.

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I talked to my buddy a little while ago. The place is going to be called Land Big Fish. The owner's names are Jeff and Gary. The shop will be 8,000 square feet of fishing tackle. No opening date at this time, but I'll find out.

4. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

It will be nice to have a specialty store that will probably provide a wider selection than wally world. I expect to pay a little increase in price, but if the service and product selection is there, so am I!

Thanks for the update Het!

5. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Where is it exactly located? In relation to Norton Marine for example. I hope it lasts longer than other Manchester Rd. bait and tackle shops of yesteryear.

Buick

6. It's the plaza with save-a-lot and harbor freight, between save a lot and the bar thats in there

7. sorry i didnt say its north of norton marine

8. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

That's Coventry Plaza .

9. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

10. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

is that also the gun shop that recently opened up or is there akso a new bait shop in the same plaza???

11. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

have ordered numerous items from www.landbigfish.com Imagine the same company ??? Ifso...Great service online!

12. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Totally different. The newer gun store, The Gun Shop, is owned by the same guy that used to have The Deer Hunter.

13. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I was told it is the same company.

14. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Het, any word on when they are opening the store? Thanks :) WB

15. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

No word yet. I'll find out, though.

16. WB185Ranger

17. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I stopped by the new store today. They weren't open for business yet, but I got a chance to speak with the owner.

This place is huge, and they have everything. If you are a bass fisherman, you'll be in heaven. They had thousands of bags of soft plastics alone (three isles full). They had a huge selection of quality reels, with a very large selection of rods to boot. They had isle after isle of crank baits.

Lake Erie fishermen will be pleased to know that also have a very nice selection of trolling spoons, as well as Dipsys, Jet Divers, snubbers, and Reef Runners.

The grand opening will be September 22nd. They will have door prizes and some contests going on.

I also told the new owner about OGF. He is anxious to check out the site and look into becoming a site sponsor.

They are still stocking the shelves, but I snapped a few photos while I was there.

Attached Files:

18. Where exactally is this store? Thanks..

19. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Coventry Plaza, Manchester Road.

20. WB185Ranger

Wow!! How awesome is that?? Thanks for the update Het :) WB