close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Angler's First Day Out.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by gilligan, May 28, 2007.

1. gilligan

gilligan Guest

Took my 7 year old nephew out for his first day fishing. He had a great time. We ended up catching 50 or more bluegill. He learned how to bait his hook & cast a spinning rod. He was casting like a pro by the end of the day. He caught several fish on his own. Casted it out waited for the bite, set the hook & reeled 'em in. They were in shallow hitting a 1/32 oz tube. I had a great day as well. Gave him the rod & reel combo he was using. When you have 20 or more combo's you don't miss one. Can't wait to take him out again.

2. Way to go!!! He is at the age where he will probably always remember the trip. Especially catching that many gills. Good to hear the little guy had a fun time.

3. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

Awesome
    Perfect example of the teach a person to fish , eat for a lifetime and bond saying. :)

4. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

Congratulations on a great day!

I can hear him now: "This one day when I was 7 my Uncle Gilligan took me fishing for the first time and I caught bluegill that were THIS BIG!!"

Thanks for sharing your story!

Bob

5. Nice job Ron! He'll be reeling in those big crappies next!

Nothing better than taking a kid out fishing.