close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New addiction...Lake Erie Smallmouth!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I think I am officially addicted to Lake Erie Smallmouths. I don't think that there is a lake that can produce Smallmouth bass the way that Erie does. They are SO FAT and FEISTY!!!! Heck, even the small ones feel like monsters!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are links to some video footage of my day out on Lake Erie. Unfortunately, the camera wasn't rolling when I caught my big ones!!!

I sure do wish the Women's Bassmaster Tour would visit Lake Erie.... :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

lake erie sm's put a lot of lm lakes to shame,for size and numbers. were you east or on the west end. the bubble area is tops.

4. My personal best was a 6 1/4 pound Lake Erie smallie. Gawd was she beautiful.I was sorely tempted to have her mounted. After a 30 second debate with myself I eased her back in. I have a permanent movie etched in my brain of it wallowing on the surface after a spectacular intial jump. She took a live chub that was the size that would be normally associated with musky fishing.

Careful !!! Reel Lady !!!! those smallies can make you give up other forms of fishing as they are truly addictive. Pound for pound I think they are the gamest fish going.

5. Forgot to add I think Ohio fishing laws forbid the use of a BASS POINTER regardless how cute they are.:p

6. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

Nice Fish! Is that a Lake Fork minnow bait? I bought one at Wally World and plan on using it in Canada next week.

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

and , did you get the lm out in open water?

8. Reel Lady

Yup...the Lake Fork "LIVE" Magic Shad
    www.lftlures.com

9. Reel Lady

Not the one in that pic. Rob did however catch a nice largemouth in open water. It was a real suprise to both of us!

10. Reel Lady

How did you know that he smells bass??? lol....No kidding, I swear he does!!!

[​IMG]

11. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

So, it's a pretty good lure?

12. Reel Lady

Here is a link to a video that shows how this bait looks underwater.
    http://www.lftlures.com/LMSstream.wvx
    [​IMG]
    I definitely consider this bait one of my "confidence" baits :)
    Not only has it caught me "numbers" of fish, but more importantly, it catches me "quality" fish. As the matter of fact, the LIVE Magic Shad is responsible for catching me my personal best smallmouth and also my personal best largemouth that I caught on Lake Dardanelle. Here is a pic.
    [​IMG]
    I LOVE To throw the 4 1/2" version weightless on a 4/0 EWG hook. It takes some patience to be able to work this slow, but I'm telling you right now that it is worth it!
    Now the 3 1/2" version is fantastic to use on a Drop-Shot rig. This is how I caught my new PB Smallmouth.
    You can order from the Lake Fork Tackle website www.lftlures.com OR you can call them toll free at 1-800-408-2028.
    Lake Fork is a sponsor of mine, so I would really appreciate it if you let them know that you heard about their products from me :) (Marcia Rubin aka Reelady)