Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never fished Wildwood, was looking at perch reports and the location was Americana how far is that from the boat ramps there? Thanks Dave

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The Americana is the high rise apartment building(s). I believe they are just to the west of the boat ramp. Maybe 1/2 mile???? From what I am hearing just go out and try 43 feet. If no go try 48 feet. The perch are there somewhere.

·
Banned
99 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Never fished Wildwood, was looking at perch reports and the location was Americana how far is that from the boat ramps there? Thanks Dave

4-5 miles NE out of the harbor... 48 feet.. you will ALWAYS see the the big yellow charter boat....Linda Mia.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Hey can we give this smack Reno around a rest. No one here is perfect, or even close to it. There, smack me around for awhile... :)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Thanks Parma. I wasn't sure if it was east or west, Is it still called Americana? There used to be another tower very near it called Watergate. Does it still hold that name?? A few years ago one of my first jobs was working for a company that cleaned the apartments after someone moved out. We did both the American and Watergate.
Anyhow that is where the fish were. They may or not be in the same place tomorrow.
Good luck.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Yeah, the Linda Mia would be the wrong big yellow boat to look for. Just stating the facts as Reno did. It's all good!

·
Banned
99 Posts
Thanks Parma. I wasn't sure if it was east or west, Is it still called Americana? There used to be another tower very near it called Watergate. Does it still hold that name?? A few years ago one of my first jobs was working for a company that cleaned the apartments after someone moved out. We did both the American and Watergate.
Anyhow that is where the fish were. They may or not be in the same place tomorrow.
Good luck.

Max, trust me bro... Go north east.. 48 feet.. I even posted the link..

1st you will see 1 single building to your east , Euclid Hospital, once you get past the point, you will see 4 large tower apartments...

Many reports of jumbo!

·
Registered
651 Posts
If you go to bing.com and go to the map section and type in americana apartments cleveland ohio it will show you where it is in relation to the launch. They are pretty distinct looking buildings too you can't miss them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
She is out almost every day. You can get perch reports from her on discovery dive.com. I always check this site prior to going out. I also like to buy my bait from them; there advice is helpful.I went out this past saturday towards the americana and arrived just as the Linda mae was leaving her morning trip. We caught only small perch. After 1hr Fishers of men called out on 68 that the perch were jumping over the rail and into pail in 60ft. He was dead on, we limited in 2hrs. Thanks for the advice, thats why you guys are the pros

·
Registered
651 Posts
Something to remember about the perch reports on discoverydive.com
is they are always accurate and truthful about where they fish and how many they catch. I've been out some days fishing right next to them and slam fish and I look online later that night and see there was 20 guys on the Linda Mae and only caught 100 perch. This isn't because they don't know what they're doing but I think less experienced fishermen on the charter. So just because it doesn't seem like fish are being caught doesn't mean they aren't there. Oh and they also have great weather on that site and a webcam.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts