Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can no longer handle 5-10 minutes untangling trebles from my net at night.
I am very happy with my net for other duties. Other than some $100 end all be all new net, has anyone ever found a replacement bag that will NOT engulf every treble hook on a HJ-14 at its every oppertunity??

Do the all rubber bags hold up?? Are they too heavy? Deep enough??

Thoughts on other "tangle free" bags that actually pass the night bite test??
I am on my third "tangle free" bag by the way:mad: :mad:

Thanks

reo

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Hey Reo beckman nets are the best nets out there you can get them at erie outfitters talk to craig and tell him i sent you and hell take care of you. Youll never have to worry about hooks in the net again and they have a life time warranty. let me know if you need any help talk to ya soon gary zart blue dolphin

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Call Craig at Erie Outfitters. Go check out his Beckman nets. They're the nicest net I've ever used, and I've been through a basement full. CW261 went and bought one after using mine, as did ShortDrift and two other buddies of mine. They run about $50 for the shorter handled one, and around $70 for the long handled version.

The yoke is guaranteed for life, and the net is very light. It'll be the last net you buy.

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
If you can't afford the net do like I do. Flipem!
Anything under 21" gets flipped.If he falls off so what.Just catch another one.
Don't know about the Beckman but the rubber sucks.As soon as it hits the water the pressure trys to drag it out of your hand,plus they rot from the sun.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
I gots to get me one of them, probably one of my next purchases, I have a sweet net big enough for salmon and fiesty steelhead but keep hearing how good they are, I've always wanted one maybe I'll bite the bullet this weekend and grab one. I do like em. Gary and Het both said they are super sweet.

I have used them when I was co-angler with some FLW guys they where nice but didn't get put up to the nite bite double header quick action.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Hey Reo beckman nets are the best nets out there you can get them at erie outfitters talk to craig and tell him i sent you and hell take care of you. Youll never have to worry about hooks in the net again and they have a life time warranty. let me know if you need any help talk to ya soon gary zart blue dolphin

Must've been posting at the same time. Congrats on your win. Nothing like a father/son team taking home the gold.

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
I have had a rubber net for several years. It was much better than the standard mesh nets and served me well until I started trolling with multi-treble crankbaits as well as steelhead using the rubber bag as a springboard to freedom.:( Bought a new net late last year with a nice looking nylon bag to replace my rubber net. Total mistake! Use it once and went to Erie Outfitters and purchased a replacement Beckman bag. Works great!:) Life is Good!

·
761 Posts
The hoop on my net broke - luckily on the ride home and not while netting a ten pounder. After using Het's new Beckman, it was a no brainer. I had a replacement rubber net for my old Frabill, and did have to watch the active fish - they will use the rubber net as a springboard.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well beckman it is. Thanks guys!! Hey Shortdrift, you say that Craig sell bags only??

That would be great!!

Gary, thanks for the offer but as a very addicted steelheader from october till april I know Craig well:rolleyes: I don't get much sleep in November when night eyes and river steelhead are popping:eek:

thanks to all once agian

reo

·
Registered
974 Posts
Recycle ! ! ! !

Met an old timer at the pier one night who made his own nets. He ties together the plastic 6-pack (& 8-pack) holders. He said that he never gets his trebles caught up in the net.....

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I've used Beckmans, Frabils, Stowmasters. They're all good, but if you think any are truely "hookproof" you will be disapointed. There is no such thing, but the good bags made by these companies will resist snagging more than the cheaper flimsy bags. I like the Frabil neets best, because you don't have to line up to round handles to extend the net, like you do on the Beckman. The Frabil PowrLok handle is sweet. JMO.

Tim

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
and maybe 33% less fish too Van, where do you put your crawler enticers at, when I run them I will hook fish on the first hook. Might want to think about keeping that 3rd on there might catch more fish, just my .02. I know I probably should have kept it Van :p

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
i'll take the .02 cents ... and put it in my strip club jar...... it all adds up in the end.. look @ Scrooge McDuck!!!

frank

1 - 19 of 19 Posts