Net Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by TeamPlaker, Sep 24, 2008.

1. TeamPlaker

TeamPlaker Fishing Deadbeat

Hey all...
    I just recently got into muskie fishing and I typically fish from the bank... usually wading. Does anyone know of a net that folds up compact enough that it won't be such a pain to carry with me but is still big and tough enough to handle the toothy critters?

2. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

3. TeamPlaker

Thanks.... I will look into both

4. ramlund man

ramlund man Lost In Middle America

I recommend the Frabil power catch also--it doesn't fold like the stowmaster but i like the handle/yoke design as it will not roll in your hand once the net is deployed, also i really like the no-snag coated net bag on the frabil--the darn thing is nearly bomb proof and should last you a lifetime

5. I also recommend nets with handles that somehow prevent rotating and refusing to lock easily when extended. I have a Cabelas (Frabil) net with a sturdy hoop, dipped snag-proof netting (a must have), dependable Frabil yoke, and a 1.25" diameter round extendable handle that makes me want to toss it in the lake when I can't extend and lock with FISH-ON. Frabil makes better models than with my suggested feature. Other brands have handles with hex or non-round cross sections (brilliant!).

6. TeamPlaker

Sounds good.... the price tag on some of these bad boys is rough, but sound like they're worth it.

7. A good net will last many years if you don't drop it overboard. I regret not getting the top of the line Frabil or at least one with a extending handle that you don't have to play needle in the haystack finding the pin to go into the hole.