Ohio Game Fishing banner

Needs some help with kicker

964 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  freyedknot 
G
#1 ·
My kicker dies on me when trolling. The bulb soft and if I sqeeze it the motor start right up. It also changes rpm form time to time. Is this the fuel pump it is a 9.9 big foot Mercury 2001. I have put in complete new fuel lines and filter bulbs and all clean the carburator out. Just want your thoughs on it thanks:confused:

#4 ·
i was having the same problem(air leak). that is until i replaced the hose/bulb assembly twice. the first replacement i got from gander mtn. it was a P.O.S. then i went to walmart/kmart and got an atwood and haven't had any problems since. i also ended up putting an atwood one on the main motor. who would have thought you could get quality marine parts at walmart/kmart??

sorry i cant remember which mart i got them at. but i do know there atwoods.

if your bulb i getting soft IT IS an air leak.

#5 ·
i was having the same problem(air leak). that is until i replaced the hose/bulb assembly twice. the first replacement i got from gander mtn. it was a P.O.S. then i went to walmart and got an atwood and haven't had any problems since. i also ended up putting an atwood one on the main motor. who would have thought you could get quality marine parts at walmart??
better get 2 more of those ''quality'' atwood hoses!!! they last about as long as a 6 pack!!! hose and bulb will turn rock hard in less than a season!!!

#8 ·
better get 2 more of those ''quality'' atwood hoses!!! they last about as long as a 6 pack!!! hose and bulb will turn rock hard in less than a season!!!
hey wave warrior!!! im just trying to help out.. i have had no problems with them. the ones from gander mtn didn't worked right out of the package.
instead of being negative, why don't you give a recommendation to try and help out???

G
#9 ·
The problem is I replaced the whole system execpt the fuel filter which will be replaced tomorrow. My big motors runs off some gas line with out problem. Built in tank on the boat. New fuel pump 89.95 plus shipping ouch!
Thanks for the responce everyone.

#11 ·
hey wave warrior!!! im just trying to help out.. i have had no problems with them. the ones from gander mtn didn't worked right out of the package.
instead of being negative, why don't you give a recommendation to try and help out???
i'd LOVE to give a recommendation if i found one that truly last!!! i end up buying one of those attwood ones each spring!!! anyone else here agree??? i know ALL the guys buying at n.phila store will agree 100%!!! they WILL FAIL ...PERIOD!!! if you have the gray attwood one AND got more than a season i'd LOVE to hear about it!! and this must be a boat accually used...not one that is sitting 90% of the time...no bad vibes meant but this is coming from 20+ years experiance...

#13 ·
ezbite...this was not in any way meant to be negative or derogatory...it is just my exp. and no foul intended to anyone!!:eek: sorry!!!
hey man., it's cool over here:D never was a problem...but you still didn't give me a recommendation on which brand you think is good.LOL:D i change my bulb/hose assembly every spring requardless of being needed or not. it's just a cheap little bit of insurance(i carry a spare too, it's the one for the kicker)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.