Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad flew in from Texas to surprise me and to go fishing with me. We both wade and are capable of fly fishing or fishing with a spinning rod. I am not asking for a certain spot I am just looking for some deeper water that we can wade since the water I usually fish is almost down to nothing. Whenever I head down there he always puts me on good fish and I was hoping to return the favor. Thanks and good luck to everyone heading out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know how low or high the water is right now. I waded this spot for years and had good luck with bass. Take Rt. 257 up into Ostrander, Corner of Warensburg rd. and Ostrander rd. there is a church on the east side where you can park and walk down into the river. I always went north, there are several deep holes on the west side that usually produced fish. There were some nights out there that produced some of best bass fishing I had. Never tried going south in the river but now that I think of it, it looks deeper. Sometimes it is hard to get into the river from the church because of mud and it is steep. If you cross the bridge to the north and go down that way it is much easier but that is private property and I always asked the owner if she would mind if I went through. She is in the white house second house north of ostrander rd. on 257

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had good luck in the morning hiting the banks using floating Rapala. Let me know if you do any good, it has been about a year since I have been up there.

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Big Walnut between Hoover and Hap Cremean Water Plant on Morse is the only stretch of stream right now with a good flow. That certainly doesn't mean you will do better there though. Have you ever been to three creeks park? I reccomend the confluence area both up and downstream. Should be plenty of room to fling a fly in those areas, and maybe some angry little smallies looking to inhale some feather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts