close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEEDED: goose breast recipes

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by exexec, Jan 5, 2005.

1. A friend gave me a couple of wild goose breasts and I need a couple of ideas of how to cook them. They seem to be very lean compared to a store bought goose. Thanks in advance!

2. Wild fowl.
    Bar-B-Que Goose,
    Wash and clean the breast, If it looks unappitizing, cut it off and throw it away.
    Use as many breasts as you want to.
    After washing breasts, place in slow cooker or large pot. Put in enough water to cover the meat.
    Cook on low heat for 2 hours or more.
    Remove meat from pot and discard the water.
    Remove the meat from the bone and shread back into the cooker.
    Add favorite B-B-Q sause and reheat till hot.
    Put big sppon full on bread and chow down.

3. Goose Soup.
    This is awesome recipe.
    Start with cleaned and washed Goose or duck breasts.
    use 1 goose or 2 duck breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces and place in large pot.
    Add 6 cups water, 6 chicken billion cubes,1 onion,2 celery stalks cut up, 3 large carrots cut up,Salt and pepper to taste.
    let simmer for 3 hours, add a few diced potatoes and cook till taters are done.
    In another pot, cook and drain noodles, any size noodles or macaroonie will work.
    Add them in a bowl and chow down.
    Great for them cold winter days.

4. Walleyeguy has some great recipes. :D Made his duck soup using the above and it was great. I don't care for noodles :( so I added in some barley and used pre-made spatzels from the grocery store. Only thing wrong was the soup was soooo good I ate too much and ended up making a trip to the bathroom every twenty minutes. :eek:

5. I WONT TOUCH THIS THREAD :p :D :eek:

6. I really appreciate gonna start cookin right now!

7. I will either grind the breast up then mix with a little beef fat, diced green pepper and mushrooms and fry like a burger or I'll slice very thin and use in stir fry recipies after marinating overnight... About only way I'll eat them LOL

8. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

turkeyhunter...me and you are on the same page. Grinding it up and mixing it with pork is the only way I can eat them critters.

Why don't they have a pre-flight season on those tender little ones? :eek: :eek:

I'd like to try one of them...probably pretty tender!

9. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

My favorite: Duck or goose breast grilled like a steak, red or even a little bloody in the middle. Overcook it and it might as well be liver, but then again I also like liver.

10. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

very easy.. marinate the breast in Italian dressing and quick fry it in a heavy iron skillet.
    I also slice the breast very thin and make jerky out of it.

11. Man I can't stop laughing my [​IMG] @$$ off hahahahaa [​IMG]

12. Cook them on the grill, best to cook only to about 140-145 degrees or so. I marinate mine with whatever ingredients I have around: Beer, w-sauce,soy, a-1, dijon mustard, horseradish, hot sauce, and any combo of herbs/spice, seasoning mix you want, garlic, onion, etc... best to soak over night for large breasts and just a couple of hours for smaller, more tender birds. Sear over hot coals or hich flame and then cook for about 15 minutes and check temp.

I also like to cube them up and make chili in the crock pot, cook overnight or all day.

13. maumeemoon

maumeemoon Just one more cast...

Other than spicy jerky what I like to do is smoke the breasts(use whatever your favorite brine and wood is), then cut into thin strips. Buy whole water chestnuts, wrap the goose or duck breast all around the water chestnut and secure in place with a toothpick. After you get them all done put in a tupperware container and completely cover with a teriyaki marinade, add a few pinches of wasabi powder or dried peppers for some zest(if you desire) and marinate for 24 hours(put some marinade aside to cook with). Cover your grill with foil and set at a medium heat setting. spray the foil with a light coating of food release or Pam. Scatter the smoked goose chestnuts over the foil and brush on the marinade you set aside, flip once and cook until the marinade forms a nice glaze. Put 'em all on a plate or in a big serving bowl and sit down with some friends and family and enjoy. They really compliment a hearty flavored beer ......Some friends and I get together and have a small game dinner every year and this is always a great appetizer. This also works excellent with dove breasts, you just don't have to smoke them....enjoy

14. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i like them baked in the oven.. glazed with some 5 spice powder and honey combination..

15. Cut into cubes, maybe 1" or so. Marinate in 1 cup soy, 1/4 cup sesame oil, 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, 1/4 sherry or port wine, 1 bunch chopped green onion and a couple of your favorite hot peppers, finely chopped. Marinate overnight, drain and discard marinade. Place a water chestnut on 2 sides of each cube and then wrap in bacon, securing with toothpick. I like these cooked on the grill with either a Thai peanut sauce or hoisin (sp?) sauce brushed on. Cook until bacon is done, makes a great appetizer. Sorta like rumaki without the chicken liver and with a oriental flavor.