close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need to get the word out about a benefit concert to support cancer research

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alter, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Nashville recording artists GM Paterson and Overdrive are headlining a concert to benefit the Kai Johnson: Music for Life Fund. The concert will be at 8 p.m. Saturday, September 15 at The Plain Dealer Pavilion on the West Bank of The Flats in Cleveland.

A little history about how this idea came about: After Kai Johnson lost her grandmother to ovarian cancer in 2006 she challenged her friends and family to donate to cancer research at the Lerner Research Institute instead of giving her birthday presents. In July, the 12-year-old Ashtabula resident presented a check for $235 as seed money toward a goal of $10,000 to create a permanent fund to support cancer research. Money raised from the concert will go towards this fund.

General admission tickets can be purchased in advance for $10 at all ticketmaster locations or www.ticketmaster.com or purchased for $15 on the day of the show. For $30 you can get a barbecue dinner prior to the show as well as a ticket for the concert or for $500 you can have your own private table which includes dinner and prime seats for the show for you and up to 9 of your friends.
    Children under 12 are free.

You can find out more by visiting http://www.lerner.ccf.org/giving/friends/2007/8/1.php and http://www.lerner.ccf.org/gmi/musicforlife/.

We'd really like for people to help get the word out about this great cause so please tell your friends. I'm sure the concert will be a good time. I've seen GM Paterson and Overdrive play and they put on a very good show (picture a truck driving Toby Keith and you'll have a decent idea of what his music is like).

If anyone has any ideas about how we can best spread the word let me know and I'll pass the ideas on the the right people at the Clinic. (Bigdaddy, do you think WKYC might be interested in doing a piece about the fundraiser?)

Thanks,

Steve Sizemore
    Cancer Biology
    Lerner Research Institute
    Cleveland Clinic Foundation