close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need to brag. First steelhead EVER!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GaryV311, Oct 21, 2007.

1. GaryV311

GaryV311 Trout Hunter

I was on the west wall of Grand River, about 100 yards before the lighthouse in painsville Ohio. 23 inches 6.8 lbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fish2day

Fish2day member

EXCELLENT ! Now you're hooked.

3. GaryV311

GaryV311 Trout Hunter

I agree!!!

4. Nice fish! Congrats on the first steelie...

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

man, i was going after that baby this week:p YEP, now your hooked...how was the fight? little cleo i see.

6. GaryV311

GaryV311 Trout Hunter

He fought pretty damn hard. Didn't jump out of the water though. :-(
    Took 3 long runs and by the time I got him to the shore, he had nothing left. Gave up. Took a good 6 minutes to pull him in.

7. Good job on your first ....and nuttin' beats the colors of those fresh fish !
    Those pics are giving me the fever to hit the river!!

GR

8. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Gratz on your first steel!, more than likely that first fish will set in motion a series of events that leads to full outright steelhead fishing addiction!

9. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

congratulations on your first steelhead!

10. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

first steel,,,,,, and now your journey begins my son...... LOL Nice fish

11. This is the easy one. The ones that make you feel like you really accomplished something come on the sub-freezing days in mid-winter, cutting thru the shelf ice and dodging the floaters while trying to keep the ice out of your guides and stay somewhat warm. That's when the steelie sickness really kicks in. Something doesn't seem right when catching steelies in 70-degree weather. But, I'm not complaining - wet wading in October is fun.

12. GaryV311

GaryV311 Trout Hunter

Thats going to be great! I cant wait for that. Thank you again for all the advice. I even named him Cranium.... lol He felt great to catch and great in my belly! Thanks man. I'm heading out there again this Sunday. We'll see if I can make it 2 in row.

13. No need to travel out there on Sunday. This rain will bring fish up the rocky, much closer to home. I would only hit the lakeshore if the river is still muddy.

14. GaryV311

GaryV311 Trout Hunter

Really? So whers the hot spot on the rocky?