close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some prayers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishintiger, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Not being a big church goer but I have always believed in the power of prayer. Right now I need some of your prayers. My fiance's grandma is not doing so well. She is 74 years young and is having major problems. She went in the hospital late Monday June 13 with breathing problems. She had gained about 40 pounds of water weight since the Friday before. They have been giving her meds to help drain the water from her. She had surgery yesterday afternoon to put stints in her kidney's and the doctors said that during surgery both her heart and kidneys failed. :( The doctors are telling us that it is quite possible that she might not make it out of the hospital. :( If all of you could keep us and her family in your prayers we would be more than thankful.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

We sure will. Keep us updated.

3. Hope everything works out for you guys.

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

74 is still young, sorry to hear of her ills. Prayers issued.

5. I also believe in the power of prayer and it has helped me this last year with my health.So there will be some prayers coming your way from this house fishintiger.

Dave.

6. Hang in there. We'll be thinking of her and the rest of your family.

7. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I know its a really tough time but hang in there and stay positive. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

8. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

hang in there. You are in our thoughts and prayers

9. Your family will be in my prayers. Hang in there man.

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you've got mine,tony.laura and the family will be in my thoughts.having been through it more than once,i know how hard it can be.
    if there's anything i can do,i'm here.

11. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

12. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Your family will be in my thoughts as well, I don't normally respond to these posts because of my lack of religion, but in this case I felt I needed to chime in. I just went through this for the last couple months with my grandmother which unfortunately ended last week. Take my advice, if you can, go and visit her as much as you can, it will mean a lot to you and your family if something unthinkable was too happen.

I am sure everything will turn out okay though and the doctors will find a simple answer and cure for her, it is amazing what they can do now. Keep up the hope and keep us posted.

13. Never underestimate the power of prayer. You have mine.

14. Thanks everyone for you thoughts and prayers. Laura talked to her this afternoon and she said she was feeling better :) and to quote her "I'm on the road to recovery." Laura said that she sounds very positive. Laura said that she was sitting in a chair in the room and not in the bed. Maybe I jumped the gun making this post or maybe the prayers are working already. Who knows. Thanks again everyone. If I get any more information I will let you all know. We are going to go up there tomorrow after work and see her.

15. Glad to hear it! Its great that she has a positive attitude.

16. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Just as "Learning2fish" said....
    "Never underestimate the power of prayer"
    I don't think that I was ever on the "receiving" end of prayer until Hanna's medical emergency/crisis. All I can say is that there is definitely something to it.
    It's kind of like "prayer" becoming your "wings" at a time in your life when you just don't think that you can fly.
    I will be forever grateful and touched by all of those who reached out to us here on OGF.
    Tony...you are one heck of a man with one heck of a heart. I have faith that good things will come to you, your fiancee and her grandmother.
    You have all of us here to support and pray for you and those that you love.
    Marcia

17. I don't want to get to excited but after seeing Laura's grandma last night it's hard not to. She is looking better. She even said she is feeling better. She said her legs are pretty sore since she has pretty much been sitting/laying in bed for 14 days without getting up. She has been up a couple times and walked a little. The doctors are going to do a little therapy to help build the muscles in her legs. Get this. They are even saying that she might go home on Friday. :) The doctor said they will have to see how the kidney does. He said it isn't working the way it should be. Things are starting to look better. Thanks to everyone that has kept us in your prayers and thanks to everyone that will continue to pray for us. God bless you all.