close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need some help

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dddavis, Jul 30, 2007.

1. I grew up fishing the twin creek up in darke co. when i was a kid, and recently just rediscovered the fun of creek/river fishing. i have hit the still water below the englewood dam a couple of times and twin creek below the dam at germantown, and this weekend i hit the still water up at 571 in west milton; had some fun with the smallies. my question to you guys that fish these waters all of the time is, if you had to carry just 4 or 5 lures, what would you take?

2. Tough question, if I could only take five? I would probably go with a little of everything a topwater, crackbait, rattle trap, tubes, and a spiner bait. If you go to Dicks they sell a back pack that holds tackle tray's and pretty much anything you would want to take. My wife has one and it rocks. I steal it when ever I go wade fishing. That would probably be a better option than limiting yourself on what you can take. Ronnie

3. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I fish that West Milton area a bunch. Rapala shad rap, Rapala countdown, and Rebel Crayfish. That's all you need for the bass. Colors depend on conditions.

4. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Take what fshn teachr said then add an inline spinner and tubes.

5. I'm with fshnteachr - I love the countdown minnows and you can't lose with a Rebel wee craw. I'd exchange the rat'l trap for a small swimbait, but that is out of the norm for most guys here.
    I also take a Kamelback hydration pack since it sucks to carry water in a bottle in my vest.

6. thanks for the info.:)

7. myself, rebel craw (two or three of them) inline spiner(White usually) Brown, or green tubes, and brown or green craw bugs. that about all I use in the river, from covington to dayton.

8. 1 White 1/8 oz Inline Spinner
    1 Rainbow Trout Colored 2" Yo-zuri Pins Minnow
    1 Rebel Craw
    2 3.5" Roadkill Colored Tubes
    = 5

9. tubes, tiny senkos, buzzbait, smoke curly tails, and a walkbait

10. buzzbait, "Jacks Worm" stickbait, tubes, crawbug, rebel craw