close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need some help on where to fish

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RJFJR1, Apr 11, 2008.

1. RJFJR1

RJFJR1 Member

I am from the Toledo area working in Springboro and I am dieing to try out some new fishing holes. I have heard about cc and cowen but have no idea where to start from shore. I bring the work trailer down so I can not bring a boat. I would like to get into some slab crappies, pike or muskie, strippers, and or BIG cats. I would LOVE any help and would be willing to help out anyone going up to lake erie with info in return.

2. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

For stripers (mainly hybrids), your best bet is the Ohio River and right now while the water is up a little still, your best bet is probably a tributary or the mouth of the tributaries. I'm not much help on the other species you are looking for.

East Fork lake can be decent for hybrids, but I haven't caught anything big out of there in a few years. I also usually fish the feeder creeks on that lake too.

CW

3. RJFJR1

RJFJR1 Member

Thank you creekwalker, I will be closer to the mighty OHIO in another six mounths and I want to get some of them blues I can not wait. I have the little miami river almost right outsidemy room but I never see anyone fishing it. Do not even know if it holds fish.

4. xmatthewx

xmatthewx facebook.com/xmsdx8

oh it definitely holds fish. i caught this out of it earlier this year. okay, well, i tried to post the picture but the site is being lame. anyway, i have caught some really nice smallies out of the little miami. definitely give it a try.

5. The Little Miami is full of smallmouth and just about everything else. You might have already found your spot.

6. RJFJR1

RJFJR1 Member

Thank you guys for the info I will have to try it out there. I did go by cc this week and caught about 30 crappie all dinks and live to see another hook. But I had a blast small or not. Also found some awsome grounds for bow hunting this fall when I am down there. WOOOHOOO!!!