close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some advise

Discussion in 'ATV's' started by Flathead King 06, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

If you guys had the option of either buying a 2007 Honda 400 Foreman 4x4 or a 2007 Arctic Cat 650 TBX Plus 4x4 which one would be the better deal?

It is going to be used for a hunting/fishing off road vehicle and to jst get around the neighborhood quickly and alot easier...

I know everything, I believe, is pointing at the 650 TBX but its a big machine where the 400 Foreman is smaller and can easily work its way in and out of the woods with no complaints...What do you guys think?

2. dude hondas are great!! but id say go with the cat!! 400 is fine for a quad like mine its a 400ex trail bike. but i have a friend that bought a 400 foreman and he says it just didnt have enough power.plus i seen a 650 cat pull an rv outta the mud . cant go wrong with power.

3. I'd go with the honda, it will outlast the cat. I like to 350/400 range for hunting because of weight and mobility. If you need more power, buy a tractor.

4. I would also try reading some reviews. every one has different views on what to ride or buy,,one guys likes a lighter more mobile bike, myself i like having all the power i can get.Hondas are very good quads never herd anything bad about them for the most part. my friend that has the forman 400 is a very big dude.so he has NO power when going up a hill.i have seen him struggle and seen him roll back it just didnt have the ass, so he went and bought bigger quad and he is fine now. try reading some atv mags like atv offroad

and hey tractors are ok too just ask kenny chesney

5. I have a 1999 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 and it has MORE power than I will ever need. I have owned it since it was new and have only replaced a few minor wear and tear items on it. I can throw 300 lbs of corn on the racks and run it into my feeders (through the woods....over logs..through creeks) and it doesn't bat an eye...plenty of power. I think the bigger ATV's would be great at putting in large food plots where you are going to pull some bigger ATV implements (Plotmaster)...otherwise the smaller more agile mid-sized ATV will do great. I have put in 6 test food plots this year with mine and I have no complaints. And you really can't go wrong buying a Honda....the ONLY gripe I have about mine is that it doesn't turn tight enough.