close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need quick answers

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Girl With A Pole, May 23, 2007.

1. Girl With A Pole

Girl With A Pole Shakes Favorite Problem

k- so tonight its between shore fishing at alum or on the water at hoover.

any suggestions or insight on whats biting where

i wanna be in the car by 515. so qick responces are needed THX

2. Crappie crappie and more crappie. I heard the water level has dropped almost a foot at hoover this week....that may have messed up the fishing.

3. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

alum crappies have been on fire....as well as hoover

BUT after hearing the news about hoover it's a hard choice.
    i would always rather be riding the waves instead of kicking dirt.
    Shakedowns report can be verified by many ...i would fish around 36/37 or north of there.
    go get em cassy:B

4. Go with Hoover. I was at the north end of Hoover where Big Walnut creek runs into the main body last night. From around 5:30 to around 6:45 i caught 25 crappie, b/t 8 and 11 in., and missed a few more. I was fishing in about 3-6 feet of water using a 1/8th roadrunner, w/ 2in. white grub. After 6:45 the action slowed significantly. I was fishing along a friends dock that they have up there. Under it and along side it there was a lot of submerged timber so try timber that is in shallow water. Other than crappie, i'm not sure, catfish and white bass are pretty good up there to, but haven't really fished for them yet. Hopefully the action will be the same today b/c i will probably head up there in an hour or two.

5. I hit Hoover after work last night. Got in the bushes and couldn't stop catching crappie. But they were all 9-10 inchers. Looking only for 11 and above. But fun, nonetheless. I put them all back to grow some more or give other anglers a shot at some wisened fish. Oh, I fished in 2-4 ft of water in thick cover.

6. Girl With A Pole

granted im getting very good at tuning SHAKE out, i totaly missed his "report" about hoover. whats the deal.

7. I'm going wading when I get off work @ 530. You can join me if you'd like.

8. NewbreedFishing

i was keying on his report from alum on saturday. conditions havent changed much since. water probably has dropped on both lakes....hoover goes down first though.

jump in the boat and jump on some fish!

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

brandon didn't post a hoover report.maybe that's why you missed it:D
    and don't believe a slight drop in water level affected the hoover crappies.it's normal and there are lots of fish to be caught in the shallow cover.same with alum.if you go to hoover,just leave a few for me,in case i get out in the morning;)

10. I wasn't suggesting that it affected the fish....but it may affect where you fish for em. The spots that were red hot a week ago may not be anymore.

11. Girl With A Pole

thanks but no thanks DKilla

12. No probs...just being friendly.

13. Girl With A Pole

now maybe if MISFIT invited me....

we could make fun of brandon together AND catch fish...

thats my idea of a good time:D

14. NewbreedFishing

youll have to sit on my lap if Misfit takes us.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Girl With A Pole

and with that.... im out

good luck tonight to anyone else goin

16. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

apparently,being new,you don't know my reputation:D
    people have been known to take out an extra life insurance policy before getting in my boat:eek::D

and mitch,you know my boat has a 2 person limit:D

17. NewbreedFishing

i hope to have some lies to post tomorrow.

good luck to all...this front may be good!!:B

18. Girl With A Pole

k, done fishing because sun went away and the bugs started attacking the bath and body lotion. called it quits about 930

so
    i got off at 5, the old man swung by and we were on the water by 530 out at hoover.(thanks to all who suggested that)

started off slow because it was so damn hot - yeah, i kinda went early JUST TO WORK ON THE TAN... im a tomboy, but still kinda girly, gimme a break....

so, caught a dink largemouth, and a little crappie, was snagging shad left and right (not that i wanted to, they were sliming all over )

changed the rig up, did a little bait and wait on the bottom with one of the tard'ed shad that i didnt throw far enough and knocked him on a rock, so i felt bad, or like the Indians would be mad at me for wasting it.... SOOOO i hooked him up and dropped him down.

got a big ol'e bite, but true to Cassy-Form... i dont pay enough attention after about 2 mins, so i was to busy trying to hit birds with rocks then set the hook....

sooooo. lets seeeeee

OH YEAH THEN MY NIGHT GOT RUINED

hit up on a school of white bass when the sun when down. landed a few- a nice fat momma- and jb was pulling them in as well... and then 3 Peter-Heads in their fishing boat speed up, making allllll kinddddssssaaa wake, - we were on shore at this point (pee break) and the one trashy redneck in camo (who am i kidding- they were all 3 trashy rednecks in camo) yells "hey baby, I have a worm you can handle" or something like that, then the other jerks trashily grunt-laughed (kinda like Kendra on Girl Next Door does.... anyone...anyone???) and they speed away... soo... needless to say, school scattered, the boyfriend got mad at the rednecks, the sun was going down,
    and the bugs started attacking the bath and body lotion. called it quits about 845

so- morel of the story is.... if i run into the boys on the boat any time soon (and sober enough to remember im mad at them)... they are getting a treble hook to the crotch

sorry about the rant.
    cold front never came in
    water was to flat
    still had fun, landed a few fish, made a night of it...
    going back tomorrow hoping there will be some breeze

good day

19. At least the trip was interesting...;)

20. NewbreedFishing

I opted to save some gas and fish close to home @ post lake.

took 23 LM all small under 2lbs.

3/16oz. shortarm spinnerbait black/green
    Small 2 hook floating Rapala silver/black
    All fish were right on the bank in the patches of moss.They would make a wake to the bait...pretty neat.

Pigsticker called me from lake erie while i was fishing.
    He did pretty good up there on trashfish:D

great night to be out fishing!