close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Prayers, Help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big Daddy, Aug 30, 2005.

1. I just want to update you guys on what has developed concerning the hurricane. As many of you know, I used to live in New Orleans. New Orleans East to be exact. Well, that's the area where teh levee failed and it is now completely underwater, except for rooftops. My ex-wife, her new family, all my ex-inlaws, and my daughter Lauren still live there. They lost everything.

Luckily, my ex and her family all made it out to Marshall, Texas and are OK. Trouble is, my daughter is missing. She went with her boyfriend and tried to get to Florida, but didn't tell her Mom where she was going in Florida, and their cell phone is out due to overloaded circuits and damaged cell towers. No one has heard from them since they left. It has me very worried.

I want to do something for them, as they have lost everything, but really don't know where to begin. I just want to do SOMETHING other than sit here and wait. I'll be passing the hat at work to try and raise some money for them to live on, but I'm not real sure how to do it. If anyone has any ideas, please PM me and we'll get something started.

The thing that worries me is that they had to go thru Mississippi and Alabama, right where the storm hit hardest. I'll tell you what, if they did make it, her boyfriend better be ready for a come to Jesus talk. Lauren too.

It'll give me some peace of mind knowing your good thoughts and prayers are with me. I appreciate that.

As I get more info, I'll keep you updated.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

WE will include them for sure Carl. I'm sure they are OK but hearing from them will make it much easier to live with. Please let us know when you hear anything.

3. Carl
    My Wife And I, Pray For Your Daughters Safe Return! I Agree With Dale, That She Is Safe And Just Can't Get In Touch Because Of Interference! And She Will Get In Touch Soon. Take Care And God Bless!

Tom

4. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Carl, your in T-Bone and my prayers. You know if there is ANYTHING I can do just let me know buddy! Hope you hear from her soon.

Gene

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

BD, Im sure you'll be yellin at her about the scare she gave you real soon....Im sure she's ok. :)

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Carl, you and your family, and loved ones are in my prayers. Let us know when you can of any updates.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I cant imagine what your going through, so I wont even try to think about it. I (we) will continue to remember your family and pray that they are found safe & secure.

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you've got it carl,and anything else i can be of help with.

9. Hey Carl!!!!
    I can only imagine how you feel.. I Hope and Pray that Lauren
    is OK.... Please God,,,,,, let her call soon..... I will have you and your family on my mind BD....... This is the tuff part of being a DAD!! Keep us up on what is going on!!!!! Stan :)

10. prayers said...im your biggest backer.im sure things will turn out ok.

11. Thanks for the good thoughts. Seems they decided to head West instead of East and made it to Lafayette before things shut down. She's OK. Got a broken cell phone call from her Mom saying they found her.

Keep praying though. Lots of folks need them.

I am still setting up a relief account for my daughter and the rest of the family and will be passing the hat, so to speak. If you don't want to donate to my cause, please help out somehow. Hundreds of thousands are displaced right now and we all need to pull together. Lousiana is known as "SPORTSMANS PARADISE" so let's show them down there that Ohio sportsmen are going to do our part.

Thanks again everyone. When I saw the pictures from New Orleans and all points East, I got REAL worried. The good thoughts and prayers really did help.

12. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

glad to hear everything is ok...

13. Well, she's alive. That's most important.

But what is coming next, dealing with the aftermath, is going to be very difficult to say the least.

I'm still going to straighten her out on a few things..... and if I could, I'd give her a big hug too.

14. Glad to hear that her and rest of family is safe and sound! I can't imagine what a relief that is. I also couldn't imagine having to rebuild from that devestation. I hope that everyone can.

15. We recieved a call last night and was informed that my wife's Aunt and Uncle lost everything also. They live in New Orleans about 2 miles from one of the levees. They made it to Baton Rouge and are staying with relatives. Thats more than alot of people have right now from New Orleans. I still haven't heard about any support from outside the US. This is being called worst natural disaster ever.

16. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Daddy/Chopiq...I guess that's the best news you could hope for given the situation. Glad everyone is safe!

Good point Chopiq. Where's the support outside the US?

17. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Our plight has one very small line on bbc.com this morning....

Being a world superpower, I seriously doubt we're going to get any significant international aid or support. Doesn't make it right, I just doubt it's going to happen.

It's hard to believe that they'll start the reconstruction process before addressing the problems with the dams, to prevent this from every happening again, but you know that's what will wind up happening.

18. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Man, bad news and good news all in the same thread. It's great you were able to find out she's okay in a short period of time.
    The damaged down there in unbelievable. It's a lot worst than the news media first reported and it's getting even more dangerous if that's possible with the levee breeches.

19. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Daddy/Chopiq Glad your families made it out ok and everyone is ok. It will be a long rebuilding process and wish the best for everyone down there.

20. Like Hook N Book said "Bad news and good news all inthe same thread." I was prepared to read an account of your family losing everything but when you hit the part of your daughter missing an awful feeling hit me. I can not imagine the worry that you went through in the few hours of uncertainty. Like it has been said before, "Belongings can be replaced, people cannot." Thank God your girl is okay physically as well as the ex and her family. As you said they have a very long road ahead of them. They along with the thousands of others affected have my prayers. We are not sure what all we as a family are going to do but we are already giving to the relief services. You just wish you could do more. If we do plan to do something as an organization to help that would be great also.