close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need new foot control

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by MAINAH, Jul 12, 2004.

1. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Hello, I'm looking for a new foot control for a MINN KOTA powerdrive/autopilot bow mount trollong motor. I know Cabela's, Bass Pro and Gander Mountain probably has them, I think they cost around $70.00 new. Just curious if any place might have them cheaper. I checked E-BAY, didn't see any. Any thoughts??????

2. "J"

"J"

3. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

I was wrong, the big three don't carry them. I have to get it from a "factory service center" and they are $68.00. I guess there's no getting around it.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

mainah i have a power drive unit i just bought how long did your control work and what happen to it. just curious for future reference.

5. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Fish4fun, I wish I could help, the answer to your questions are unknown to me, on both. Here is the deal. I traded stuff I had with a friend for it. He bought it new a few(4/5)years ago maybe??? Its a 42lb thrust, he bought a new 75lb (or so). He said the auto pilot did not work, something with the control???? I don't know a thing about these things, but I did not get the control with it. He said he round filed it. I did find a new one on E-BAY, saved $20.00. bought it today. I only hope that after I get the control it will work. I'm not too worried about the auto pilot feature because I don't plan on trolling. I just want to be able to control it for bass fishing, its not an easy thing to do with a 9.9 merc, lol. Sorry I could not answer your questions. If the control doesn't fix it for me I'll be asking members for help myself, as I often do.

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

not a problem just curious what the life expectancy on them is.