close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need information

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by katfish, Apr 20, 2005.

1. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

This doesn't rival Catkings mountain lion story but I saw a muskrat in a tree Sunday at Indian Lake.

Does anyone have any idea why a muskrat would be in a tree? I figure a predator didn't chase him up there because it was beside the water and the muskrat would have escaped into the water.

2. catking

catking Banned

I don't know Robby , that come pretty darn close to the lion....... :rolleyes: ...... :D .....I really have no idea. But then again , I had no idea a groundhog could climb a tree almost as fast as a squirrel.......Muskrat...........in a tree.................:cool:......... CK

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Hey, I have seen grounhogs in trees also..

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

.... you've also seen Bigfoot on the bank of the Scioto :rolleyes:

Get back to work! :D

5. Both will climb a tree to sun themselves. :cool: I have watched groundhogs feed in a tree also. First time I observed a hog in a tree I thought it was a mutant squirrel. :confused: :D

6. Yeah...good one Ron you crack me up I too seen a ground hog in a tree once and though what in the funkingwagals is that thing doing? Turns out he was just scouting for greener pastures to graze in.

7. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

It wanted a better view of the lake....

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Ron's right. I've seen groundhogs and muskrats in trees. Actually watched a groundhog drown when it fell out of a tree into Clearfork once. Tried to rescue it with a landing net out of the boat, but couldn't get over there quick enough.

Now even worse.....I've seen a stupid opossum climb down a ladder on the Chicago River (ladder used for boaters to get up top or barges), and get stuck. We rescued it with the help of my landing net and a few brave souls. LOL. What people won't do for animals.

9. There are certain animals, like people, that are out and out BUTTHEADS.

10. catking

catking Banned

Guys and Gals , I don't want to hurt my credibility with wild stories and things I have seen in my life, and I REALLY wasn't going to bring this up , since it's on the heel of the Mountain Lion sighting ( TRUE !!! :D ) But while hunting with my dad and twin brother many years ago , we saw something in a tree we couldn't believe....... now hold you foul comments please, but I SWEAR TO GOD it was a freakin rabbit that ran up a tree.......I kid you all not........My brother and myself was goimg to blast it with our new 410 shotguns we got for Christmas , but dad said that is not how you do it. So he went over and shook the tree and the damn thing jumped out and ran down the hill........TRUE !!! Now mind you , this tree was not straight up and down , it was leaning quite a bit , but that rabbit was up in it..... Ricky's believe it or not......... ;)

11. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

You have a twin??????

12. Did a lot of rabbit hunting through the years both plain old kicking and also for many years with my beagles. It was not uncommon for rabbilts to climb the internal trunk (vertical) of a hollow tree to escape the beagles. Pulled many of those suckers out with a briar. Also saw rabbits leap into/onto a low horizontal limb to escape the dogs. Have you ever watched a rabbit stop, then leap sideways off the trail as far as it could and run back parallel to his original track until he heard the dogs get close and then hunker down until they passed within 6 to 8 feet. Fodder Hoppers are almost as clever as some of our members.

13. catking

catking Banned

I hear ya shortydrift........... :D ....Yes Jackson, an Identical twin at that ;) ............DA KING !!!