close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need info on flashers??

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sady dog, Jan 20, 2009.

1. sady dog

sady dog sady dog

I am looking for info on flashers for ice fishing? I currently have an old humminbird portable lcr. runs of two lantern batteries. seems to work ok, but every one is making a big stink about these flashers? what is up?

2. Muskarp

Muskarp Banned

If your current set-up works I would not waiste the money on a flasher. I have a vex and it's nice. But it does the same thing as my portable Lowrance LCG with the sensitivity adjusted to pick up the bait. If you can interpret your screen, see your bait as you jig, see fish move into the cone, than you've got the same thing as a flasher. Minus the pretty colors.

3. I agree with Muskarp , if what you have works do not spend the money ! How many times do you get to go ice fishing in Ohio ? I just bought a new Vexilar FL8-SE and have not had it on the ice yet ! I am planning a trip out of state just so I can use it for days in a row.

Keep fishin,

4. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I used it in the canoe alot last year... It can be for open water...

Say if your doing some vertical jigging or want to find drop offs/depths you can use it...

Not as nice as an one of those fancy fish finder deals but it can be used year around if you have a boat/canoe.

5. sady dog

sady dog sady dog

ya i know but i finally got my old beast powered up and i called humminbird..hell they dont even make those parts anymore?? I am hoping that tomm. when i go out the transducer works... you guys are right how often do we get good ice..but when we do i want every advantage i can to catch fish. I might just take one off my boat? gander has a fishn buddy for sale. 70 dollars?? any one heard anything about that?

6. Hey ask perchy101 for his flasher its for sale i think ! :}