close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need hitch for my 06 Durango where's my best bet?

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by fishnfool, Aug 19, 2007.

1. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

0   0   0

I need a hitch for my 2006 Dodge Durango to pull my boat with.Just wondering where I might find my best deal,or what they usually go for.Never actually had to buy one,all my trucks allways had one on it.Any input would be great

2. We bought a really nice hitch, the kind made of the round tubing that tucks up under the bumper real nice, and a wiring kit for the Jeep Cherokee on ebay for around 160 bucks shipped.

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

0   0   0

take it to a u haul dealer . they will do it all in a half hour.but if you buy 1 locally it should bolt right up without doing any drilling,but at least let uhaul do the wiring.

4. HawgHunter

HawgHunter

0   0   0

I had one put on a Dodge Durango earlier this summer. Uhaul did it for just over $200.00 and that included the cost of the hitch and wiring harness. Noone else was even close to that price.

Scott

5. check out etrailer.com I just bought one there. It was the best price around. Had it in less than 3 days. Most will bolt right up with no drilling. Wiring kits were a good buy there too. They were running a special with 99 cent shipping too.

Scott

6. chuck71

chuck71

0   0   0

Look up a company named mobile hitch. This guy works(or used to work) out of West Jefferson and will come to you and install the hitch for you. He even had competative prices when I got mine installed. It's been a couple years though.

7. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I bought a Reese at Wally world a few years back. It was an exact fit for my truck and it bolted right on. They also sell T-connectors for the wiring. Unplug your lights, plug in the tee and replug yours, and your set.

8. iceberg

iceberg meat dragger

0   0   0

just bought one at u-haul for my ram and had installed cost me 227.00-everybody else wanted 350 to 400 installed.

9. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Brian

Rating - 97%
    37   1   0

I got one for my Ford Escape from U Haul. Took them 45 minutes to do the paper work/install it. Did all the wiring and everything. Lifetime warranty too, for $230 bucks can't beat that.

10. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

0   0   0

My two best prices were at U hual one for 310.00 and one for 227.00,both are about the same distance from my house so that was a no brainer. Why the one is so much higher I don't know but no reason to shop anywhere else for that price. Thanks for the info guys!

11. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

0   0   0

I can't stand UHAUL. They are slow and bothersome to deal with. I took my 05 Durango to JD Hitchworks in Eastlaske and they were $211. UHAUL forget to order my hitch twice and I got tired of watching the phone ring there and staff infighting. What a poorly run business....at least in Cleveland Heights and at the Broadway store. JD hooked me up right away and I towed the same afternoon.

Dock Time

12. rubys skipper

rubys skipper

0   0   0

My 2 cents, bought my hitch at Tractor supply for $110, it was a valley brand, installed it myself. Also bought the wireing adaptor there, i think $25. What ever you do and no mater who installes your hitch, inspect it after just a little usage for tightness. BTW TSC is real good price wise for many of our stuff, trailer lights, rope, chain, straps, seen some good prices there and no I dont work for them, Also worth mentioning I got my new bearings and buddie bearings there.