close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need help

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mikecadigan, Jul 14, 2008.

1. i'm going on vacation and i want to bring some lures with me i am flying on continental airlines can someone please tell me how you bring fishing tackle

2. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I don't know of any restrictions for fishing tackle other than knives obviously. But to be safe, I would not place them in my carry on baggage to be safe. I would check the TSA site for better clarification. Good luck where ever your going.

3. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

Like Toxic said, it will have to be in your checked luggage. When I travel by air and want to take more gear than just a few things I send my stuff ahead of time with UPS, either to a friend or to my hotel. It's pretty cheap, espicially now that airlines are charging for checked bags :( , and I've never had a problem with lost or damaged gear. I like to hunt/fish with my own crap and sometimes trying to fly with it isn't too practical.

4. papaw's right on with mailing them if you can - otherwise - like they said it will have to be in your checked luggage.

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Put your tackle in a hard plastic case and put in your check-in luggage. If you are taking poles, you must have a rigid pole case. Don't take your expensive rods as I've seen too many cases crushed on the ends and the pole tips snapped off.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/sports.aspx

Fishing Equipment

Continental accepts one item of fishing equipment per customer as checked baggage. An item of fishing equipment consists of the following:
    rods
    reel
    1 landing net
    1 pair of fishing boots
    1 tackle box. All items must be properly encased in a suitable container not to exceed a total of 115 linear inches (L + W + H).
    Fishing equipment over 80 inches in length will not be accepted as checked baggage on any itinerary involving a Continental Express* or Continental Connection flight.
    If applicable, the second bag fee ($25) applies to fishing equipment.
    Fishing equipment carried in addition to the baggage allowance will be assessed at the current excess baggage charge for a single piece, whether or not it is presented as a single piece.
    Continental is not liable for damage to Fishing equipment.
    Excess Valuation may not be purchased for Fishing equipment.