need help

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by kirkad, Dec 14, 2008.

1. kirkad

kirkad kirk

here the thing i live in summit county and cannot for the life of me find a place to hunt i need somewhere close becouse i work full time and go to school full time.im a ex marine so im not a ass shooter and i just like being in the woods most i dont even care if i shoot one.does anyone have any suggestions.thank you

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

west branch state park has plenty of public hunting.

3. So does Berlin-all within half hour of Akron. I bird hunt there and if I didn't have anywhere to hunt deer(assume you meant to hunt deer), that's where I'd be.

4. kirkad

kirkad kirk

thanks im going to look for maps online and go check them out. do you guys know if there is a shitload of people that go there.

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

no doubt , all public areas get crowded!

6. hey mister if you are looking for just bow hunting land go to starkparks.com and look at wallborn public hunting land . I have land out by them and i never see anyone hunting it. It is just east of 44 and 619 area good luck to you

7. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

get your church clothes on and start knocking on doors. I get all of my permission by talking to farmers about groundhog hunting.

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I tried that years ago all around his area. Lots and lots of open land in Wayne County. No dice. I did get one farmer to "allow" me to hunt someone elses land that adjoined his property for squirrels.
    That area between Warwick and Galehouse Roads up to Black Diamond and Coalbank Roads has many deer around the old quarry.