close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need help on xmas light displays to take kids to.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish4Fun, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Ok guys took today and friday off finished up the house and plan to take the kids to some light displays.

Plan to hit alum tomorrow night (fantasy of lights). Are there any other drive threw light displays in the general area. If not we will probably hit fantasy of lights then shoot up 71 and hit fairgrounds in mansfield.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

thought about that not sure yet. Heard it is pretty good also

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

The zoo for sure...your kids will LOVE it. We go every year and always look forward to it. If you go, let me know when. We haven't gone yet this year, so we're tryin to figure out when.

5. there is oglebay christmas you drive through with your car in wheeling west virgina.
    but before you go there take the family to cabelas :D

6. Yeah Oglebay is really nice. I lived down there for 26 years and went just about every year. My mom was telling me over Thanksgiving while I was home that there was a ten dollar per car fee to get through though. That kinda sucks. Used to be a 5 dollar donation I think. Anth is right gotta hit Cabelas before. Maybe take the family there for dinner then shopping. :D

7. I think friday is all the perch you can eat. :D

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

we thought about ogle while i was off for the xmas shut down

9. Downtown Cleveland and the zoo then hit all the museums while in town;)

10. JBJ

JBJ

We were just talking about taking the kids to see the lights at the zoo again this year. Don't know when yet since I don't have a schedule beyond tomorrow right now.

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

well were going to eat supper then head to alum check out the lights, then do some driving around, maybe hit the zoo on a nice day before xmas.

12. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Alum Creek at the marina has a good display. It cost $5.00 per car load. Had an article in the Dispatch Wednesday all about it. They added more lights. a santa house and Hot coco thisyear. Kids can also have their picture taken with Santa. All moneys are donated to help others out for Christmas.

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Had a great time at alum and so did the kids. My hats off to all those that help set it up run it and donate to it for its operation. You all did a heck of a job. I will post some pics now you all take the kids out there and have some fun. I spent total of $20bucks. $15 per car load and $5 for picture with santa free cookies and coco.

14. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Ok heres couple pics to entice you. We did have fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]