close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need help on alum at night fishing for seyes or bass! For tomorrow night

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish4Fun, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Tomorrow night we are going out after work on alum looking for seyes or bass after work my buddy has been out 2 times after work with no luck any help would be great. We will be boating.

2. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I took a friend saugeye fishing yesterday the 9th at alum . We drifted worm harnesses from 10 to 20 feet with no eyes. Caught a lot of catfish , crappie and little perch. I was borred and decided to fish a crankbait around a few fallen trees for bass and caught a 6 lb saugeye in about 4' of water. That was it. I did not troll crankbaits, you may want to give that a try. Good luck. The eye was released.

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thanks for the info If anyone else thinks of any good tactis for alum at night for seye or smallies I am leaving for work now and then going out after work you can email me at work at. Jerry.Holsten@showa1.com

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

just got home managed 2 small seyes. one on deep diver one on worm harness by my buddies boy.

5. you caught an eye where...shallow...six feet of water...at alum...been telling ya for a while ..even on the old site...yes ..you can catch them on the points in deeper water...you can drag bottom bouncers...I do...harnesses...one of my all time favorites..plenty of deep water places to catch eyes...I have always said on the old site and this one..don't pass up the shallow water...i posted last night or the night before under the eye section here about shallow eyes...this is just my 2 cents but I believe during the summer months that eyes act more like smallmouths and crappie and hold on to structure that is easily acsesible to bait fish..you going out at night...fish those shallow spots ...get someone from the odnr to tell ya here..when they are out on the boat checking fish how many big eyes they see in shallow water ...anyway..i still fish the dam and beach area...but always check the banks..got a bright light? hehe...

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

one came just before the marina ramp area the other after the marnia just a bit i would estimate that we were coming off a shallow area around 8' going into 15 to 20 but we weren't sure as the excitement set in.