close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need help locating some shear pins!

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by BigChessie, Sep 6, 2005.

1. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Can anyone tell me where I can pick up some 5/32 x 1 1/4" pins? I would prefer to find some 5/32 brass rods and just cut my own. I have checked 4 diffrent places and hate to keep burning gas looking for them. Was wondering if I could just use a roll pin and take a chance on beating up the prop. I will mostly use it on the river for hunting and it is nothing but a gravel bottem. It is a 5hp gamefisher motor. Also trying to find a backup prop. Thanks

2. Boat builder

Boat builder Dan's Custom Boats

Go to Circle Auto Parts or NAPA and pickup a piece of 5/32 brazing rod and cut to the lenght you need. Hope this helps.

3. BigChessie

Wow I went by both nappa and circle and they sent me packing! lol I'll stop by and get the rod, thanks for the tip!

4. BigChessie

Hey Boat Do you do any hunting? I owe ya one, can put u on just about anything that flies if you want! Thanks again.

5. Boat builder

Boat builder Dan's Custom Boats

Glad to help with the shear pin tip. No I don't hunt any more doing good to fish but that's what happens when you get old I hear.

6. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Big Chessie,

Is that motor running good for you, I may have a lead on a spare prop, I'll check it out for you.

7. Works good. I use it on my 1948 Johnson 5 horse. :D

8. BigChessie

Hey Doctor It had me worried for awhile, lol Tore it down cleaned up the points and everything to finally get some spark. After replacing the plug it has been running like a champ. If you can find me a prop let me know, thanks

Shortdrift Glad to hear it works, I would have never thought about using a brazing rod. lol

9. I used a heavy coat hanger and it worked great for shear pins, good luck on finding any.
    Bill