close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Fairport launch info

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Shortdrift, Sep 13, 2004.

1. I have never launched out of Fairport or Grand River. Can someone give me directions to the launch area(s). I will be going East on 90 from 271. Are there any public launch's in addition to private launch ramps.

2. From 90 E get off on 44 north. Take that to Route 2, and head east. At the Fairport exit (first exit), make a right. Just stay on that for about 3 miles and it will take you right to a public launch. I think it costs a few bucks, though.

3. paco

paco

right on your way down to the ramp is a bait shop d&w good people and good info on whats going on .

4. When you are headed north after exiting route 2, the road will split at a Grand River Tackle. There is a stop light. Make sure you stay to the left (go straight). What size/type boat are you putting in and for what species are you fishing?

5. Walter, the harbor master down at the fairport ramp will charge you 7.00 to launch but if you are going out alone he or one of the other workers will help you put your boat in. Ya it cost but real nice people that are allways willing to help and tell you were the bites on.

Bahaman

6. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

My brother and my dad went out of Fairport on Sunday, a couple miles NNW to the pack and limited nice big perch in a couple hours.

7. Thank's to everyone for the info. I will be fishing for perch and steelhead.