close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Canvas

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Huntinbull, Jun 22, 2004.

1. I have an ice shanty I havent used for nearly ten years. The canvas is probably pretty fragile by now. Where would i get canvas at a fair price? The base is very well built for two folks with the fishing holes on opposite sides of the floor so the occupants can talk and stuff. We used to heat it nicely with a lantern. I figure I can recover it with canvas this fall and have it ready to go when the water gets thick enough.
    Huntinbull

2. No ideas about where to get canvas? Surplus shops with shelter halves? anything?
    Huntinbull

3. Try The Junk Store On Main St..//also Joann Fabrics Might Have Some.maybe Walmart Or K-mart..theres A Start/////

4. Check with the places that make boat covers and awnings. You may also consider the newer materials instead of canvas.

5. Hey Bull when your down in Nashville check out some Amish dudes and see if they can help you.......... Rich

6. Shortdrift has your back covered... Thats where to go... :D

7. Y'all crack )( me up!! Think i may have found my new material, will give full rundown after test.
    Huntinbull

8. crack---> ( )!( ) me up ???

9. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

if you have doors on it you can use a terp it is way more light weight.......jim

10. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Check out the "build it yourself" shelter at Cabela's. It comes with poles, covering, and plans. Everything but the plywood floor, screws, and hinges. Maybe it would fit your shelter. I got mine a couple years ago. I don't use it much unless I'm going with someone else because it is pretty big. Like a cottage on the ice. Lots of room for two people, almost three.

Ice is nice.