Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for a boat mech. in Middletown area.My 35hp mariner is missing and has a rough idle,have tried new plugs still has rough idle.Tried adjusting the jet still not the results I wanted.If you any ideals or know of someone in the area please respond need this prob. solved before fall fishing gets here.Also was at CC Sun. caught several nice crappie on minnows,surprised me with it being this hot out.Can't say exactly where we caught them but stay around the bridge area 16 fow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try Deaton Marine in Franklin. Jeff Deaton is one of the best outboard mechanics around. I've been using them for years. Usually quick on repairs too, unless they are major and don't have the parts. They are upfront and very honest.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Your closest is Deaton Marine. They do very good work. They are not cheap. Unless it is something simple, you will have to wait. They are not very good at predicting when they will get to it and when they will be done.
When you get there, count up how many boats are in the front and figure a day and a half per boat and that will be about how many day it will take before they get to you. That way you will not have high expectations about getting your boat back anytime soon and be disappointed because you didn't get it back sooner.

·
Registered
52 Posts
X2 dry dock is the only place I would trust. I have always been given a square deal with no hassle or BS. Tracey runs a tight shop. You won't be disappointed.

·
Where's Waldo?
1,130 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to give some props to Stamper's in Miamisburg. I went there because of this thread and the fact that it was the most convenient for me to get to of the ones mentioned. I took it in on a Monday morning and it was ready to go on Wednesday afternoon. They had the injectors cleaned instead of just automatically replacing them as many would do - saving me hundreds of bucks. The boat runs like a scalded dog now - better than at any time in the 3 seasons I've had it. I do most stuff myself but I would go back to them in a heartbeat if needed.

MC

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Dry Dock (513-860-9111)is a good choice but I would also try Tracker Marine (513-874-3598) in Fairfield.
He's done good by me. If they aren't real busy they'll get you turned around pretty quick. He said it didn't have to be a Track for them to service it.

I know Tracey has been at Dry Dock for quite a while but I don't know how long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts