close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need apartment near OSU

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wally72, Jan 29, 2005.

1. wally72

wally72 wally72

Maybe someone can help or has a idea where I can get an apartment for my daughter within walking distance of Ohio State. I know there are several around there but I can only find a couple on line. I would be thankful if anyone knows where to look. This would be for next August. Maybe someone knows someone whos kid is graduating this year or something. Thanks for any help out there Wally72

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

there are MANY options around campus area.. if its not too far for you guys, i would strongly suggest taking a weekend and drive around the neighborhood..
    what kind of size are you looking for??

3. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Like CL said there are plenty of options. I would go to some of the rental places and ask what they have available. Most everything down there is owned by a large rental company. My buddy is the manager over at Oxford Rentals, I believe that is over on 15th Ave. There are a couple other companies on 15th as well. They can provide you w/ a complete list of apartments still available. This is their busy time of year and the good apartments are going fast. Keep in mind some streets are a little more "raucos" (sp?) than others. Like CL, I would also suggest a drive around an are before signing the lease. Just make sure to take a good look at the people living there and the conditions surrounding the apartment as well as the inside of the place.

4. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Oh, some names of companies to check out I believe Oxford, Pella, and Buckeye apartments are the biggest...

5. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

i lived on 4th and northwood for a year. it took me about 10 minutes to walk to the stadium every saturday...Inn Town Homes was my complex and i think that they have a ton of places.... driving around is probably going to be your best bet, just so you can get an idea of what is available... stay away form anything past(south) chitenden....GHETTTTTOOOOOO! but great partys...

6. wally72

wally72 wally72

Thanks for the info. I have a son up there now and in the place they are staying it is already full. He said the same thing it is now the time to get this done. We are looking for a two bedroom some where close enough for her to walk. Her car is not in that good of shape. My wife and I have to go to Columbus monday for a doctors app. I hope we will be able to look around after it. I will get on the net and look up some of the places you guys talked about to look and where to stay away from. I had a buddy who went up there in the 70's and where he stayed looked like a crime scene out of the movies but it was close to high st. and that was a good thing at that time. Thanks for the info I need to get this done the weather will be nice one of these days and I don't want to be doing this when I could be fishin.Thanks wally72

7. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Do a google search for Ohio State off campus student services. This will give you the name and website to various realtors in the area. I believe it will also allow you to do a housing search based on the criteria you need. Remember, she can also live north or south of campus if she's able to catch the bus. The #2 bus runs straight through campus and is free for OSU students and comes about every 5-10 mins. I'm a senior here at OSU.
    H&I Enterprises was a private realty company that we had and they were absolutely horrible on maintenance(almost court and escrow) Inn town homes were nice and you usually can talk them down from their ridiculous rental price if you hold out and wait a little. They stiffed my g/f last year on her return deposit because they didn't wash the outside apartment door and for 3 or more nailholes in side wall....but they were timely about maintenance. They know they have you there(campus), and it's hit and miss. Some truly care, but a larger percentage just pack you in there and get their money! Best of luck and make sure you get to go inside and check it out pretty thoroughly!

8. wally72

wally72 wally72

Thanks my wife and I rode around and looked at some places, some looked OK But some didn't look very nice. Someone told us about university village and I think we are going to check it out they said she could catch a bus from there. Thanks Wally72