Need Advice

Discussion in 'Canoes & Kayaks' started by LFN, Sep 14, 2007.

1. LFN

LFN

How stable are the sit on top kayaks? Unfortunately I'm getting to ole to wade and certainly too old for a regular kayak! Any advice on the subject would be appreciated, also any specific recommendations.
    Thanks, Lou

2. JBJ

JBJ

The "sit on tops" can be quite stable and those with bad backs or legs can get in and out of them easier, per some of the comments from customers I have talked with in the store.

With my being a big bugger, I've never personally tried kayaks. Best bet is to borrow someone's and give it a try...or, most stores have a return policy that would allow you to return one if it doesn't suit you within 30 to 90 days.

Good luck.

3. snag

snag

LFN, your right about the sit inside yaks hard to get the ole bones in there without tippin i had one for a yr ,thought about a sot but decided on a sportspal canoe,went up to mich and got one from the factory much better,easy in and out motor bracket for up to a three hp and not tippy at all,had one yrs ago but like a dummy i sold it there the same price as a sot i,ve looked at,plus two guys can go.

4. If you are looking for stability take a look at a personal pontoon boat aka kickboat. I love mine. The (2) pontoons keep you really steady on the water and the storage is awesome. The seat is so comfortable. They sell them at BPS.

BlueWater