Need Advice Please!!!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Blc005, Sep 7, 2007.

1. i was wondering if anyone has a pflueger trion baitcasting reel. over the past couple of days ive been researching a new reel to buy and this one seems like it is a decent reel for the money. is it a pretty smooth reel? post your reviews on this product. thanks!!!

2. Treebass227

Treebass227 Proud Member

Last year I went through three of those reels. I couldn't believe how smooth they were at first, within a month, every one developed problems.:( My buddy went through the same thing. You couldn't give me a pflueger now. I'd throw it overboard! The best reel for the money is the green extreme reel at Bass Pro. IMO Those reels are smooth, tough, and priced right. Hope this helps.

3. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

I agree with the bps reels. They are made by pflueger and are less expensive. I have two of the pro qualifer reels I have had them for 3 years and they still work great. you can not beat them for the price....

4. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I've been using a Quantum Accurist CX500 this summer and its been amazing for me. Inexpensive too (if you buy from walmart or Cabelas). My next baitcaster will definitely have infinitely adjustable brakes though.

5. Thanks everyone i will have to give one of those a try!!

6. Do all of the models of the bass pro extreme reel come with the flipping switch? And also what model in a right hand retrieve would you reccomend if i will mostly be using plastics for that rod?

7. Treebass227

Treebass227 Proud Member

The BPS extreme reels do not have a flipping switch. The Quantum Accurist does have a flipping switch. I have three of the Accurists and I like them alot. I think the BPS extreme is priced a little less. I would recommend either reel.

8. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

I believe you can get an Extreme reel with a flipping switch.

9. devildog#1

devildog#1 hardcore fisherman

I bought two quantum inferno baitcasters last year from Dicks sports for like 40.00 or 50.00 bucks each. So far I love them. I really don't like the inferno spinning reel but the baitcasters have been working well for me.

10. Thanks for all of the info!!! It really helped