close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need Advice On Where To Go Monday

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by AndroDoug, May 23, 2004.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I am unable to fish Congress Lake this Monday as the lake is too high. I need to make alternative plans.

I have heard Mogadore is a weedy mess, Nimi is probably the same way.

What lakes, within an hour or less drive of Akron, could I take my little 12" boat (electric only setup or 7 HP)? I prefer that they not be weed-choked or flooded or muddy, and am looking at targeting bass. I am thinking maybe Long Lake, or maybe Hinkley.

Any ideas of the best lakes to fish tommorrow 5/24???

2. jack kiser

jack kiser buckeyeangler.com

doug,
    just a thought,you might try Hodgson,private but inexpensive.Doesn't have the reputation as a great gamefish lake,but with your boat might be well worth a look.Depth and geography help make it better able to absorb even severe rainfall and still remain surprisingly clear(boathouse:330-296-6004).

3. I'd go to Mogadore. The LM are biting good now and I dont think the weeds are that bad. I havent been there since the rains tho.

4. Nimisila isn't that weedy. Definitely not choked up.

I fish Texas rigged worms there, so what weeds that have shown up are no problemo. Bass are on fire there too. Red Shad is the hot color right now, with June Bug a close second.

Good luck wherever you go.

Carl

5. I fished Mog. today and yesterday. The water is over the weeds right now and the bassin' is good. The fish were right along the shore deep in cover and were hitting floating rapalas fished top-water or very shallow. Even got a few to hit a buzz-bait fished in the lilly pads tonight as the sun was going down.

Steve

6. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll hit good ole Mog, but might flip a coin with Nimi if my buddy wants to go there. Another friend of mine fished Mog on Sat morning and said the weeds were terrible.

We'll see. Thanks again.