Need Advice on Canoeing NW Rivers

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingfoolBG, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Hey everyone
    Im going to have my canoe up here this summer and i would like to get it out to some river aroud the area. I took the canoe out to Little Miami River in warren county for the fisrt time this year and had a blast. It made me want to explore as many rivers as possilbe. I tried the maumee last summer but the water was to low which made it a rough trip, but still had fun.

I was wondering how the poratge river is for canoeing and
    if anyone had any information on any other rivers around the area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Blanchard has some beautiful stretches upstream and downstream of Findlay. A few easy access points as well.

3. MJS

MJS

I have canoed the portage several times between New rochester and Woodville. Put in at Wayne road, it is about 1 1/2 miles to the park Pemberville and another 3 or 4 to Woodville. If you go futher watch for a small dam below Elmore. If you go in the summer be prepared to get out on occasions because you will get hung up on the rocks.

Mike

4. Thanks for the advice guys. Im going to give the Blanchard and Portage a float this year. if anyone would like to joind let me know!!!
    Eric

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

6. You could also try the east Sandusky bay water trail. It is just off of Cedar Point causway at the end of River Ave. When you get there if you go south there is a nice little creek that leads to a wooded area. If you keep going south you will get to some rail road tracks, that area is great for panfish and some pretty nice bass. The only thing that bothers me is there is two marinas is the same area and on a good day there is alot of boat traffic. Well anyways just thought I would share that with you.