Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in ground pool 18x26 problem .put new filter in pressure keeps climbing to twenty # shuts off heat. yea so it sounds like the new filter[[ BUT]]its the same mod I took out. hayward eight piece. took the pump out looked inside ,turn the impeller things look good . question do those filters come in different mesh fillteration ?? could one of the drain lines back to the pump be clogged?? maybe a house call is needed?

·
BigV
1,135 Posts
in ground pool 18x26 problem .put new filter in pressure keeps climbing to twenty # shuts off heat. yea so it sounds like the new filter[[ BUT]]its the same mod I took out. hayward eight piece. took the pump out looked inside ,turn the impeller things look good . question do those filters come in different mesh fillteration ?? could one of the drain lines back to the pump be clogged?? maybe a house call is needed?
What type of filter media do you use? if using Diatomaceous Earth, you may be adding too much.

I would assume you have valves for the bottom and skimmer lines. Are both the valves wide open.

My pool was built in 1969 and I refurbished it 2 years ago. Its 18X38 and the only time the pressure goes above 20 is when the Diatomaceous Earth gets clogged from filtering out hair, clothes fibers, dirt or after vacuuming. I then backwash to remove the old Diatomaceous Earth and add new.

·
2 min 30 sec from Hoover
552 Posts
There are slotted PVC distribution lines in the bottom of the filter. They could be clogged causing the pressure build up. I clean those out with every sand change. Big V offered a few good suggestions too. You could have too much fliter media in the vessel. 20 PSI is not really too high, it could be that your motor on the pump is going bad. Have you checked the running amps to see if the motor is over the normal range? Make sure the valve for backwash and filter cycles is working properly.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
My filter started doing weird things and what I did was remove the large 27' X 5' container of water hooked to it. Filter runs great now. Well, it would but we used it for a target in the backyard.

·
Registered
771 Posts
i was having pressure issues with my pool....ended up changing the filter out fixed it. went from like 30psi down to 10psi. it was time to change it out anyways, as it had been there for several years.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BIG V yep sounds like mine dogs play in the pool rm BUT not in the pool. I did put a complete new filter in, but before that there was a bunch of earth laying in the deep end[8ft] bet that drains clogged. my pool is now 13yrs old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts