close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need a pepper canning recipe

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by Hatchetman, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Hatchetman

Hatchetman Senior Member

I hope there is someone out there that has a good, simple recipe for canning banana peppers in a pressure cooker. Don't need anything fancy, just a good eating recipe....Thanks in advance....Pete

2. spinfisher

spinfisher Bronzeback Hunter

Just noticed this post. I don't have a canning recipe, but...if you want peppers in the wintertime, put your fresh ones in plastic freezer bags and keep them in the freezer all winter. It's amazing how well they hold up.

3. When I do this for any type of pepper they always turn mushy when they thaw.

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

darn, i know its way too late now, but i found a good one for canning any kind of hot peppers using the "boiling water" canning method that is super-simple. its just a vinegar brine mix and it makes the kind of peppers that are good to put on sandwiches or mix into tacos and that sort of thing.

The "Ball Blue Book" is (was) a $5 book that i bought....its a great book for someone who wants to try canning. it gets you started and has a lot of great tasting recipes. everything i canned has come out great! anyone interested in canning should buy this book. it covers all the food safety topics.

here it is for next fall (i used a mix of hot peppers, including all banana, with good results):

Attached Files: