close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need a new tow vehichle???

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by ShakeDown, Aug 5, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

GM is offering $6000 rebates on 04 Blazers & Trailblazers until 9/7/04

Now the only thing I need to do is convince my wife to pick one that matches the boat :D

2. Interesting. I'm also in the market for a vehicle. We can't decide whether to buy a car to replace my wife's Van coming off lease or turn van in, sell my truck and just buy a new vehicle for both pulling boat and wife's use.

3. ShakeDown

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). Wife's lease is up, and she really wants one of those new Saab x2 aero AWD wagons...I figure if I can talk her into a blazer or trailblazer, I'll save a few bucks and have another tow vehicle along with my truck.

4. Will she not fall for the "its sparkle-ly" and "it matches" comments I make all the time to my girlfriend/fiance/future wife as of 10/2/04?

It seems to work for me.......or does that cahnge once you actually get hitched?

Eric

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

You just have to get more creative at 'selling' is all ;)

6. ShakeDown

Totally Roger. You'll soon learn (if you havent already) that it's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission ;)

7. My wife wants a 2004 Honda Element EX 4wd. I would rather go down to a 2 vehicle family and get a Tahoe/Yukon/or Super Crew Cab truck, she could use it except when I'm out fishing. I haven't got her sold. I can't even sell it to myself yet, sometimes I think I should just keep my truck I have now, it's payed off, seems to run fine and overall the payments would be less money if we just lease her the Element.... what to do what to do! lol

8. All you married men need to Buck up. :eek: Do what I did. Go when she is working and get the car and take it to her work. She can't get mad at you in front of all her co-workers can she? :confused: Then hope to God that in your sleep she doesn't kill you. I did that when I got my truck. Now she says I owe her big time. I wish I would have shopped around a little more before I bought my truck. I think for about $50-$100 more a month I could have got a new truck verus a used one. Good luck guys.

fishintiger

PS... I don't advise taking my advise. You all are more experienced than me but I needed a new car. My Explorer was leaking fluids out of places I didn't know used fluids. :eek:

9. ShakeDown

LOL Fishintiger...hehehe

10. I'm not married, but if I was, I would definitely follow that advice. :D

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Aint that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When my dad bought new truck when i was a kid he asked mom to go with him to look at trucks. Little did she know he already bought it and just needed a ride to pick it up. She was not happy.

12. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I guess that I had it made when I got my truck recently . I took a day off work and was not coming home until I found one . After I found the one I wanted , I went to the shop and asked the ol lady to give me a ride somewhere and stop by the bank and get a cashiers check . She was kind of happy when she found out where we were going because she knew that she wouldnt have to hear about it anymore ! :) I guess that after hearing the same thing every day for about a year , it would get to ya . :D

13. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

my wife wants a vw beatle and aint no way in heck i would drive that thing i would devlop a lisp and start wearing hi heals and we aint going down that road i got to talk her into a suv or something but when it is time i am just bringing the thing home and tell her to live with it ;) ...........................jim

14. ShakeDown

Phil had another good point. If you jaw about it enough, sometimes they'll give in just to shut you up! WARNING: That method (once discovered) can work both ways.

15. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Check with your employers i know many in the area are GM and Ford suppiers...you can get on there special fleet rate my empoyer offers both when we bought our ford explorer the sticker was $29300.00 we got it for $22700.00 ...it never hurts to ask

16. ShakeDown

Done deal :) Picked up the warden's new 4WD Trailblazer last night :D Can't believe I conned her into getting something that tows :D :D

17. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Ok , wheres the pic's ? :)