Need a calculator

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Fish4Fun, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

0   0   0

Ok i had a good TI graphing calculator from college but it seems to have dissappeared with the kids.

I now need a good TI-86 graphing calculator if anyone has a good one for a good price let me know. Oldest boy needs it for algebra, if i cant find one soon i will buy a new one.

2. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

0   0   0

Might be able to help ya out...let me see if I can dig it out of the closet.

3. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

Jerry,

It is funny that you mentioned this. Before a few days ago I would have had no clue about this but my boy needed one for high school so we had to go and buy him one. FYI if nobody can help you I know that Staples has them. I looked at their web site and I did not see the TI-86 listed at all. We ended up with the TI-84 Silver which had all of the algebra, trig, chemistry, geometry. I don't know if that was all or not. I think it was $129 with a $15 mail-in rebate.

I have not messed with it yet and I was shocked to find out that these calculators were so expensive. Apparently they are quite a powerful tool...or at least they better be.:eek:

Here is the link to the item on Staples site.

TI_84 Silver

4. Bigun

Bigun

0   0   0

As someone who has used TI calculators since highschool and still uses a TI-84 plus silver today in engineering classes yes they are powerful tools. Spend the extra couple of dollars for the new one unless you can find a used one you feel very comfortable with. If you do find a used one make sure it comes with all the things that were in the original package (Like cables, and I believe they come with a software CD) Also I recomendGetting one that is USB compatible so you don't have to use TI's link cable. Any questions PM me or check www.ticalc.org. Watch the kids as it is only a matter of time until they load games into it to play during class.

5. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

0   0   0

Isn't that what they are for?

6. Bigun

Bigun

0   0   0

Yeah but if I had known the extent of the games you can get in HS I never would have made it through classes. Thankfully i didn't have access to all the games until my older, more responsible ;) years, at college.

7. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

0   0   0

this one is on columbus craiglist Gently used TI-86 calculator, perfect working condition, make offer contact sale-400988353@craigslist.org i don't no if they still have but it worth a try

8. Blue Pike

Blue Pike

0   0   0

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00000JF53/ref=dp_olp_0/104-9584531-4534309?ie=UTF8&qid=1187741186&sr=8-1&condition=all[/ame]

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

0   0   0

Ya the reall kicker that just gets me big big time is i had a TI - 86 from college and my genius son lost it at school last year and he gives me a paper yesterday the day before school starts a paper he has had since the end of school last year saying they must have a TI 86 this year for algebra 2. Told the wife i should sell some of his xbox crap to show him what a $100 bucks looks like lol.

I have found several on ebay and amazon as well as a site the has them with all the new stuff etc but used for half price.

10. WallyJigR

WallyJigR

0   0   0

i have a ti 86 calc with manual, cd, calc to calc link and im pretty sure i have the cable that connects to your computer 65$ i have to go to my parents house and look for the cables i have both cables for it

Attached Files:

11. oucat

oucat

0   0   0

I just saw this, if its not to late, I have a TI 86 I will get rid of for $50, I have to make sure it is still in good condition. Im sure we can work something out, it is not of much use to me anymore, make an offer. I just live down the road.

12. bkr43050

bkr43050

0   0   0

I guess I should have asked on here before going out and spending the dough.:( I live even a little less down the road than Jerry does.:D:p I need to play around with my boy's and to see what I spent the money on.:rolleyes:

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

0   0   0

oucat i sent you a pm and if something doesn't happen with oucat i will contact you wally.

14. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

0   0   0

Big thanks OUCAT and pleasure meeting you.