close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need a 25 hp outboard

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by All Eyes, Mar 20, 2005.

1. All Eyes

All Eyes

0   0   0

I have a 1978 Johnson 9.9 short shaft (see picture) that is in great condition and runs perfect. It is a manual start and fires up easy. I am looking to upgrade to a 25 hp and considering a possible trade. This motor was not used and stored inside for 9 or 10 years when I bought it in 94 and I had the seals replaced just in case of dry rotting. It has its original paint with very minimal wear marks on the cover. The lower unit was pressure tested last year to ensure it doesn`t leak. I have not had it compression tested, but it runs very strong and shifts perfect. It idles down to a crawl and trolls great under 2mph. I replaced the impeller last season and it pumps well. The carberator was upgraded a few years ago to a 15hp, and I still have the original 9.9 carb that is in good working order. It is always stored indoors and used very little during the summer. Basically, it is a very nice older model 9.9/15 hp that looks and runs like it doesn`t know it`s age. The tiller handle was removed because I have remote steering, but comes with it and also works well. Anyone with the equivalent in a 25 hp that would like to set up some kind of possible trade let me know. Thanks, John

Attached Files:

2. cfrank

cfrank

0   0   0

How much are you asking for your motor? I have a great 9.9 motor but I can't hook it up to my boat's stearing. I have the control box for a Johnston on my boat but I need a motor like yours that I can hook the linkage to. Please email with the price. cfranksports@columbus.rr.com

3. Action

Action

0   0   0

I have a 25hp Merc I use on my pontoon that runs great. I was thinking of getting a (9.9). PM Me

4. Reel_Magic

Reel_Magic

0   0   0

Long shaft or short?

5. All Eyes

All Eyes

0   0   0

Mine is a short shaft. I would be interested in either short or long shaft 25 hp.

6. All Eyes

All Eyes

0   0   0

I am looking for a good price on a 25 hp outboard. I have a 9.9 Johnson and I would like to possibly swap, but who knows? Anyone know of a good deal on one? I`d like to have one by the middle of April or so. Thanks!

7. All Eyes

All Eyes

0   0   0

I forgot to add that I would consider both short or long shaft.

8. Bowhunter

Bowhunter

0   0   0

This was on my website in the classifieds..... OHIOWATERFOWLER.COM

I have a 1988 25 hp mariner,Long shaft for sale. It is coming out of a 16' bass tracker, and you will get the motor, steering system including the steering wheel and console, and quicksilver throttle/starter. The marina I talked to said all this was worth around 1000, but I will sell it to someone from OW for 800.

hOPE IT HELPS....

Bo

9. All Eyes

All Eyes

0   0   0

Cool, Thanks Bo, I`ll check it out!