Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
no boat
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
already posted this but it didnt show up for some reason. Is anyone doing any good with the perch from shore yet? where are some good places to go in NE Ohio for them? I asked a local bait shop and they said "not yet" and the perch will start to turn on when the water temp is around 50.

·
Registered
195 Posts
we caught a good 50 of them (mostly small) out of lake dorthy in norton this past monday. They seemed to like a little piece of night crawler better then the usual minnows. You could probably try in/around cleveland from shore. They should be starting to hit there now also.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Hey Jason,
Lake Dorothy is a great perching place. I grew up back there. Still live a couple of blocks from there. Got a criminal trespass charge in September 2004. PPG has some crap going on back there they don't want people to know about and have asked the Norton girls to patrol it more often.
Be careful back there and don't fish the pond or dam area unless you have a ready escape route. The cops won't walk all the way to the tracks. It's too far and there's no donut shops along the trail.:p
Don't park at Milich's either. They will call with your plate number and the Norton cops will sit by your car and wait if you're too far for them to chase you.
It is by far the damn best largemouth lake in NE Ohio. Carp and cats are nice and fat and the perch have been very strong the last 5 years. It's an excellent winter fishing hole too. I know that place like the back of my hand. PM me if you want details...

·
Registered
232 Posts
The best place I've found for perch from shore is the Huron pier. haven't been there yet this year. Every time I get ready to go it rains and muddies the water.

Another place is Sandusky behind Damon's (Battery Park). Or Jackson St. Park

If you want to meet sometime let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts